Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jake658879 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2008, 04:24 PM
    No Fault? School parking lot crash?
    First of all I live in Nebraska. I had just gotten out of school, and got in my car. I backed out of my stall, and the guy in the stall across from me starts backing out. I just thought he was being a jerk, so I stopped and waited. When he didn't stop coming towards me I put in drive to pull back into my spot. All of the sudden he puts on the gas and hits the back driver's side of my car. I only have comprehensive on it. After the accident was over, and I got his information, and he said right there that it was his fault, and he would pay for damages himself, no insurance. I got an estimate on it which was $440.34, and I called him. Now he is claiming that it was a no fault accident, and will "be nice" and only pay half.($220). I am wondering what I should do since his deductable is most likely $500. Should I take the $220, even though I know it was completely his fault? Or should I find out his insurance company, and call them? Should I take it to court? Anyway, I was just wondering what I was supposed to do in this situation.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Apr 27, 2008, 04:30 PM
    Firstly, you should ALWAYS get insurance information at the incident, because that's likely the only reason he claimed it was his fault and would pay for it. Is so that he didn't have to give you his information.

Try and find out his insurance information, if you can't. Take him to court.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 27, 2008, 04:39 PM
    It doesn't matter what his collision coverage deductible is, this is covered by by his liability which doesn't have a deductible. I would tell him that he agreed it was his fault and you expect him to fulfill his promisr and obligation to pay the full amount. If he doesn't you will be forced to file suit against him.

You should also report this to your insurance company who can help you find out who his insurer is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Parking school bus in residential area [ 1 Answers ]

What is the law about parking school bus in residential area in Shreveport, Louisiana?

Hp desktop crash [ 3 Answers ]

My HP desktop, running Windows XP crashed. I am getting the following error message Error: NTLDR is compressed. Press CTRL-ALT-DEL to restart WHen I press C_A_D, it just goes to the error message again... and cycles like that. I have gone to the HP website and read the instructions, but don't...

Whose fault is this car crash? [ 6 Answers ]

Car A is traveling north. He indicates to turn right into a driveway, and waits next to the centre line for oncoming traffic to clear. Car B traveling south indicates left, and slows to turn. Car A assumes that Car B is also turning into the same driveway, and according to NZ law would have to...

Crash [ 10 Answers ]

problem of my computer is it just stops in the middle of when I am doing something and the blue screen comes up with the notice and this is not the first time it happens frequently , the message is like this :Help me please A problem as been detected and window has been shut down to prevent...

View more questions Search