Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Zainab1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2006, 09:18 PM
    Help me to pass the road test
    Hi,

This is my first time to writing someplace to get help. The problem I am having
    May be is not a big issue in your eyes, but please help me. I am trying to get
    A driving license. as millions of people are driving. I feel so embarrassed as I still don't have my license so I can drive freely or can go to my job easily.

I took three tries and failed. I wasted so much money to driving Schools. Every time I practiced with them but at the time of test, I made a mistake and was not able to make. I know how to drive but on road I have little confidence may be I am impatient or confuse. My family is also making fun of me and every one so scared to drive with me as they are saying you have no confidence on the road. I got my learning permit last year and still not able to achieve a goal.
    I spent more then $1000 to driving instructors. I am really crying as I have no life just depends on others to take me or taking tri rails, although I can afford a car.

The failure of driving test makes me so scared and I am scared to go again as I have a feeling I am going to fail again. I just have one more chance after that they will suspend my licence for a year.

I am a mature 25 years old, working in a IT company but this thing makes me so confused and I feel myself the most dumb person as watching others drive so confidently and even having licenses.

The new instructor told me to take his package deal for three hours and go for test again. My sister offered me to take me for the road test. Should I wait? Or just spend more money on that. Or to take a one more chance.. Waht to do. I am sick and tired.:confused:

Please help me!!
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2006, 11:29 PM
    Hello Zainab1.

Welcome to the forum.

Now, on to your question/problem.

First, take a deep breath. I know, silly, but it works. Well, it calms me.

Your family is making fun of you. Tell them to stop. If the don't do that, make fun of them…they must have things that they aren't so good at. And also, don't tell them when you are planning on taking another test. That way, they won't know if you fail.

You say that during the test you are lacking confidence and/or are impatient. Is this just during the test? When you are with your driving instruction, are you impatient then? Are you lacking confidence then? If you said no, then you need to learn to relax.

Think of your driving examiner as just your driving instructor. Relax, don't be impatient. Let cars pass you, take a million years to turn, there is no rush for you to go anywhere.

As for the confidence level, are you a good driver? Yes you are. Tell yourself that. Who cares what everyone thinks, put it out of your head. Is that easier to say than do? Of course. But you have the expertise to do it. You say you're in the IT field. The IT field went through a very bad slump after the DotCom crash. Yet, you seem to be employed still. I know a lot of people who lost their jobs and were out of work for a long time.

You have a job, so obviously you are good and you do have confidence. You just need to remember that you are good in IT, and you can be good at driving as well. You have just had some bad breaks, but you will overcome it.

So, relax, be patient…don't sweat it, you have no where else to go, and give yourself that much needed confidence. You are a good driver. And don't tell your family you are going for your next test.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 18, 2006, 07:52 AM
    I am sorry you are having a problem. Here in TN they have specific schools ( not all of them) but some that after you graduate the driving school, their certificate oks you for a licence, they don't require you to re-test after you graduate their school.

You may check to see if that is the case where you are at.

**** of course a couple of the schools here in TN were recently raided by the Federal Agents, it seems they were taking money from illegal immigrants to pass them for a drivers licence.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2006, 09:12 AM
    Hi,
    You have developed, by now, a fear of driving tests! That goes without saying.
    Do you have a friend, other than your sister, who will ride with you while you drive some, do the things that you know are on the driving test? Sometimes, changing people, new settings, with someone riding with you, can help.
    Overcoming fear is sometimes hard, but the best way to overcome it is to face it. There is Nothing that is going to harm you, hurt you, and embarrass you, except you yourself.
    I'm sure someone will find the time to help you. Maybe at lunch break, or on the weekend; have them ride with you.
    I do wish you the very best of luck, and I would NOT be spending any more money on Driving Schools. You need confidence, and can get that by driving with someone.

Feb 22, 2006, 06:12 PM
    Hello,

Thank you so much for your help. I will try to reduce my fairs but still not very confident to take another chance. Thanks for all moral support at least I feel better and having some courage to face that. I live in West Palm Beach(FL) there is no Schools like that to help me in getting a license without a test. Thanks for your advise of not wasting more money to driving Schools.
    I feel relaxed and good thanks for your time and help.
    Sincerely,
    Zainab

Feb 22, 2006, 06:12 PM
    Hello,

Thank you so much for your help. I will try to reduce my fairs but still not very confident to take another chance. Thanks for all moral support at least I feel better and having some courage to face that. I live in West Palm Beach(FL) there is no Schools like that to help me in getting a license without a test. Thanks for your advise of not wasting more money to driving Schools.
    I feel relaxed and good thanks for your time and help.
    Sincerely,
    Zainab
    ncmedia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2007, 01:24 AM
    Hi gang,

Sorry in advance if this sounds like advertising however it is relevant and we are helping a lot of people with this. My team and I have recently completed and launched a video series for both cars and motorcycles on how to pass your road test. This is real footage and a voice guide of the exact tasks you will be graded on. More importantly, it will help you get rid of the fear you have of driving. It is aimed at educating you how to be a safe and responsible driver, as well as show you what your test will be like. This is not meant to be a quick or cheat way to get your license, as there is no way to cheat it, and you don't want to cheat - you want to know how to drive properly and be safe - It is all relevant to knowing how to handle your car and your decisions at every moment. Please take a look at http://www.getreadytopass.com to see a preview of the video course.

This is available via instant digital download so there is no shipping or waiting. If you are just looking for great ways to practice, there is also a free study guide and 2 quizzes to help you with roadsigns and overall driving scenarios.

If you know anyone else that is going for their license soon, please share this link to help spread the word at http://www.GetReadyToPass.com

Thank you and best of luck with your tests!
    sajanelanthoor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2009, 01:04 AM

Try this product, it really worked to many who were struggling to get the license. For me I got in my first attempt by using this product. Click here

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How hard is it to pass the road test to get your N? [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if someone could tell me how hard it is to get there N and what advice I should have before taking the test because I am really nervous!!

What's the diff between diaelectric test and insulation test [ 1 Answers ]

I am puzzled, What exactly is the difference between diaelectric test and insulation test. Some says it the same, but others says it's because one applied power to perform the test the latter don't. And some says both are using power but one is using AC power and the other using Dc power. There...

Road Runner items [ 6 Answers ]

Need help in locating Road Runner items to add to my tiny collection. Anyone know where to find anything for the Road Runner? Have tried a search on the net and not very much out there. Your help would be appreciated. The Road Runner is a cartoon character along with the Coyote who's always trying...

Road easement [ 1 Answers ]

I am wanting to buy 36 acres of land. The only way to access the land is from an old coal mine road which I would not own. Are there laws that would allow me an easement to use the road if the roads owner is not willing to allow me access?

View more questions Search