Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    applehead2007 Posts: 43, Reputation: 2

Apr 27, 2008, 09:24 AM
    Knees starting to hurt
    I am a 27 year-old female, 5' 7", 135 pounds. I am in pretty decent shape, although I would like to improve overall this summer, so I am trying to work out 4-5 times per week.

I injured my right knee a few months ago because of not stretching before running on the treadmill. I think I tore the outside ligament or strained it really bad, because it hurts after working out and I can't even do the stairclimber at all, period, because it aggravates it too much. Lately I stick to the recumbent bike and spinning class.

In general, my knees hurt after working out, as well. I don't recall this ever being a problem until this year. Are there any recommendations to diminish the impact to my knees, like certain exercises or stretches I can do? Is this something I should see a doctor about? I just feel like they're going to tell me to rest it or get surgery, which I don't want to do, so I haven't gone to the doctor yet.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2008, 09:50 AM
    The best thing I found for something like that is Hylaronic acid. You can buy it at Wal Mart. It has no side effects or bad interactions with other things.
    Also do whatever else that helps with it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dirty Knees [ 5 Answers ]

Could anyone tell how to clen my dirty knees! I do a lot of yard work and I have small children . So over time my knees have become very dirty looking and dry . I have tried different loitions and cleansers , and although the dryness goes away they still look really dirty! Any advice or...

Black knees [ 2 Answers ]

Hi.. I'm an indian lady... n I want to to know how to remove the black color off the knesss... I mean it allso because of sun... ma skin has got tanned... but also when I was a child I used to play a lot and also fall down hard... many times and because of those injuries those blak things haven't...

Killers on their knees [ 40 Answers ]

Hello Christians: An 11-year-old Wisconsin girl grew deathly ill recently while her parents prayed for her recovery. They weren't in a hospital. They weren't in an emergency room. They were in their home. Although the girl had probably, for at least a month, shown symptoms such vomiting, nausea...

Need some assistance in avoiding splinters (my feet are starting to hurt) [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a first time pool owner and I'm going through the pains of dealing with a poorly maintained pool deck... the wood is in decent condition (stable), but its splintering really bad and was grey. I followed someone else's advice and power washed the deck to try to clean it up... it got rid of the...

View more questions Search