Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meseret10 Posts: 8, Reputation: -1

Apr 27, 2008, 09:02 AM
    Government tax refund check
    Im wondering if everybody that filed 2007 taxes is eligible to get the $600 check from the Government
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Apr 27, 2008, 11:25 AM
    No, the stimulus rebate will be minimum $300 and maximum $600 if you are eligible. Even if you file your 2007 tax return and don't have qualifying income, then you will not get the rebate. Interest, dividends, capital gain are not qualifying income.

Also dependents and non-residents do not qualify. For more information on the eligibility and how much rebate you will get read: Your U.S. Tax Return: Are You Eligible for 2008 Stimulus Tax Rebate Payment?
    meseret10 Posts: 8, Reputation: -1

Apr 28, 2008, 01:11 PM
    Merci!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

US Treasury Check for refund of overpaid taxes [ 20 Answers ]

Hi , I have received a US treasury check stating I over paid the taxes in 2005 and IRS is returning the money. The problem is the amount of the check I received is close to 50% of the my pay for entire year. I never over paid the taxes. I did my taxes for 2005 in March 2006 and I got...

Defining/decoding information on refund check [ 1 Answers ]

I received my tax refund check today, on time, and for the correct amount. At the top, just right of center is a letter "S" then 3 sets of 3-digit numbers separated by commas like this: S XXX,XXX,XXX :confused: It is not my social security number, not even close. Is it supposed to be my...

Tax Refund Check [ 3 Answers ]

I noticed something on my federal tax refund check. Printed right under my name, it reads: 5.85 interest. I don't recall having ever seen this before but maybe it was there and I never noticed it before. Anyone have any idea what that means?

Government [ 1 Answers ]

What are types of laws that Virginia has that California does not have to follow?

View more questions Search