Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davejag Posts: 308, Reputation: 5

Apr 26, 2008, 06:43 PM
    UTI medication not working and pain in lower back is bad
    I am 36 weeks pregnant with my first and I have a UTI, I have had it for about a week and half I am not medication but its not helping. My pain is getting worse in the front lower abdomen and lower back, is their any home remedies I can take or do so pain lightens up, I know the baby has dropped.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2008, 06:49 PM
    Are you sure it is still UTI or could it be the pressure of the baby?
    Other than unsweetened cranberry juice, unsweetened yogurt and lots of water,
    Being pregnant I would be careful what else I tried.
    Also avoid citrus, tomatoes, aged cheeses, chocolate, spicy foods, caffeine, alcohol and nicotine,
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 26, 2008, 06:56 PM
    I agree, are you sure it is the UTI and not pressure on your lower abdomen?

Never try home remedies when pregnant.

Is it possible you are in labor?

Apr 26, 2008, 07:02 PM
    Well I am sure it`s the UTI because I still go to the bathroom every 15-20 mintues the pressure is still the same, the tp has a bit of blood on it. I just thought the medication that I have been on since last Tuesday would have kicked in by now.

I am so afraid to even ask if I am in labour because I am always wrong about being in labour.
    Expert

Apr 26, 2008, 07:04 PM
    What medication are you on hun? I'll look it up for you.

Apr 26, 2008, 07:06 PM
    I have been drinking water all day and I can`t feel the abdomen tightening like everyone says when your having contractions.
    Expert

Apr 26, 2008, 07:07 PM
    Yet many women have what is called back labor, they feel it more in their backs then they do in their abdomen.

Apr 26, 2008, 07:27 PM
    The medication is called Amoxil at least I think that's what it is called that's what the bottle says. Thanks for looking up for me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lower right back pain [ 2 Answers ]

When I get up the 1st thing in the morning I can't get out of bed right way. I'm in a lot Of pain and can't move because my lower right side of my back hurts BAD. Once I take a shower my back does losen up more. Does anyone else have the same thing happen?

Right lower back pain [ 2 Answers ]

I have had this pain now going on two weeks. It really seems to hurt the most when I bend over or raise my right leg to sit on the edge of the bed. Sitting down can also be a challage at times. I have went to several doctors and they can't give me a answer to what or why it is hurtting so bad. In...

Lower abdominal pain and back pain [ 1 Answers ]

Constant pain in lower abdomen. Bleeding since birth of second child in July

Pain in lower back. [ 3 Answers ]

Been having a constant pain in my right side. Kind of in my back. And lately been having the urge to go to the bathroom a lot more then usual. And when I have to go to the bathroom the pain get worse and it hurts bad enough to cry. And the pain spreads all over. It hurts to lay on my left side. And...

Lower right back pain [ 1 Answers ]

I have pain in my lower right side ubove my cheek, it hurt a lot. What could it be?

View more questions Search