Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Leeboy Posts: 172, Reputation: 5

Apr 26, 2008, 04:04 PM
    Torn Screen In Screen Door
    We have a pretty standard screen door, and the cats ripped a hole in it . And now they are jumping through... I have a big roll of extra scree, are these changeable? OR do you replace the panel? Is there a stronger screen than that flimsy black stuff?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2008, 04:13 PM
    Generally there is a roll of rubber that holds the screen in place. There is a tool that has two wheels on it. One is to put the screen in the groove and the other side is used to roll the rubber. Tin snips are used to cut the screen.

The hardware store or window place can re-screen it, if you don't want to do it yourself. It's a little tedious.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 26, 2008, 04:14 PM
    Depends on your door, some have removable screen that can be replced a few don't. Check with your local lumber supply there are many grades of screen available.
    ac101 Posts: 463, Reputation: 57

Apr 26, 2008, 07:13 PM
    Chances are 90% you can change the screen this is fairly easy to do but it is tedious Home depot carries a product called PET screen made by Phifer cats can supposedly climb this stuff with little damage. I don't know if I believe that but it might be worth a look.

Check this link out it deals with replacing window screens but if your door is like I think it is the same principles will apply. If your door is different post back and we will try to help. GOOD LUCK, AC

Home Tips : How to Replace Window Screening

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Emerson 20in LCD Flat Screen. Model No. EWL20S5C with split screen [ 5 Answers ]

Hello,I have an eight month old Emerson 20in LCD Flat Screen. Model No. EWL20S5C My sound is great. My picture is distorted. Seems it has a divided screen. With little movement of the actual picture. Colors are way off. And none of the controls work except for channel up and down work, but very...

Blank screen after xp splash screen and then hangs [ 2 Answers ]

My colleagues and I work in a tech environment and we have seen several computers with the same symptoms. Namely a failure to boot xp. After the xp logo screen the screen goes to blank and it just hangs. This looks like a graphics card fault but changing card does nothing. Booting into safe...

Black screen after windows splash screen windows xp [ 2 Answers ]

Black screen after windows splash screen windows xp

Having a problem moving my address bar from bottom of screen to top of screen [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I can't seem to bring up an address bar at the top of the screen because when I right click at the top of the page, the options are not lit up. I could only bring up an address bar at the bottom. Since it gets in the way at the bottom, I would like to know if anyone can help me...

Screen door [ 3 Answers ]

Im trying to install a new screen door on my front door. Front door swings in, screen door swings out.BUT... the screen door hits the lock set of the front door, when you try and close it. Is my front door casing narrower then most? Do I have to make the screen door hing on the other side,...

View more questions Search