Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Megzmom Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2008, 03:22 PM
    Homeschooling for the first time
    Can anyone tell me the best site for high school homeschooling? My daughter is going to be in 12th grade & only needs 4 courses.

Thanks!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 26, 2008, 03:59 PM
    If you have not home schooled before, why are you consider doing it now.

If they finish with their regular school next year they will grad with their friends and have a dipolma from a regular school. ** while nothing wrong with home school, but it does make a few things harder in the future.
    Those issues being cleared up though court cases but still.

Next do you want a religious based education for home school ( majority are)

And next where do you live, each state has its own laws on the rules of home schooling.

But it can be as easy as picking a book on each of the four subjects have them study, give them a test and say they are done.

Do you want a program where they school supplies materials and grades the tests ?

Apr 27, 2008, 10:27 AM
    We do not have a local Catholic High School & we have had our daughter in a Christian School that is showing us the Christian way or teachings. Most of the students are leaving so we have decided to homeschool. My daughter is looking to finish so that she can start at the community college.

Any suggestions?

Thanks & God Bless! :)
    De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2008, 04:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Megzmom
    We do not have a local Catholic High School & we have had our daughter in a Christian School that is showing us the Christian way or teachings. Most of the students are leaving so we have decided to homeschool. My daughter is looking to finish so that she can start at the community college.

Any suggestions??

Thanks & God Bless!!:)
    Certainly. There are several Catholic Homeschooling programs which you can begin.

Seton Homeschool is well known and respected:
    Catholic Home Schooling - Seton Home Study School

Kolbe is also.
    Kolbe Academy

There are many others:
    Catholic Homeschool Support: Catholic Curriculums

Sincerely,

De Maria

May 4, 2008, 08:04 AM
    Dear De Maira,
    Thank you so much for the information!
    double dutch Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Jul 20, 2008, 11:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Megzmom
    Can anyone tell me the best site for high school homeschooling?? My daughter is going to be in 12th grade & only needs 4 courses.

Thanks!!
    There are many homeschooling programs out there. You must know that they aren't actually considered homeschooling but rather brick and mortar schools in your home with a distant overseer, your child's assigned teacher.

Connections academy | Connections Academy - Attend Free Online School From Home
    k12 charter program | K12: K12 Inc. - Home schooling curriculum, public school options, virtual academy schools, virtual charter, distance learning programs for elementary & high school grades, in Science, Math, History, English, Language Arts and more!
    Keystone high school
    Calvert homeschooling

You can type the names into Google and pull up the web addresses.

Dd

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I do homeschooling online [ 5 Answers ]

I need to know if I can do homeschooling online cause I can't take going to school everyday I have to many resonsiblities

Homeschooling !5 yr old [ 19 Answers ]

I am homeschooling my 15 yr ols son. I started towards the end of the year last year. Now that school has started again { Break is over} I am having a hard time getting him to work for more than an hour a day. He is doing beter than he was in the public school and getting good grades. I told...

Homeschooling [ 1 Answers ]

I am writing a paper for my college english class on the adantages and disadvantages of homeschooling. I was homeschooled and also attended some public school. I would like responses from people who have been homeschooled not people who only have an opinion on the topic Thanks

Homeschooling a k student [ 2 Answers ]

I have taken my son out of the public school and desided to homeschool wich books and where would I go to get them are the best?:o

Homeschooling [ 34 Answers ]

Hello I would like to know more about the disadvantages of homeschooling. I am doing a letter to the editor for a school assessment task and I need to find as many disadvantages as possible. If you can help please respond.

View more questions Search