Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2008, 03:15 PM
    Creditor problems? Read this.
    I just read this article and thought someone out there would be able to put some of these ideas to good use. After all if you can't win, you might as well get ahead somehow.

The Truth Seeker - Voice of the White House April 25, 2008

Twink... :p
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2008, 03:29 PM
    The fact that your owing them starts all over again is precisely why I do not send them a penny.
    Also even when you send them the little you can it is a drop in the bucket and doesn't even cover the interest. I think it is better to let them have their day in court and have the amount reduced back down to the original amount than paying and never catching up.

As far as changing your phone number it is a waste of time because they have the new one within three to six months anyway. Better to do a "you have reached a number that is no longer in service'' recording on your answering machine!

Back in the seventies my friend used to write 'deceased' on her mail and return it but
    If you do that now with everything connected to everything else that could mess up your money because the data banks could wipe out your identity and claim you no longer exist.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Creditor obligations [ 4 Answers ]

In the state of California, is a creditor required by law to "make a reasonable effort" to contact the debtor prior to sending the account to collections? Is the creditor required to state that he has done so on the application for collection services? Need the help. Thanks Richl

The creditor [ 1 Answers ]

Thanks to all that answered my question. Here is part two. I was unlocking my home door to go in and a man called my name and as I turned, he handed me this paper informing me that I have been sued by capitol one bank. I have a certain amount of time to respond either me or my lawyer of which...

Creditor judgments [ 1 Answers ]

How long do credit card companies wait before filing judgements against you?

View more questions Search