Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bianca Kotowski Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2008, 02:04 PM
    Dual Citizenship
    I am a U.S. citizen and wanted to know if I could obtain dual citizenship for Germany. I was born in Germany and my mother still lives there. I ask because I am trying to decide if I should move there to marry the man I love, or if I should try to bring him here to the U.S. again. (We tried the Fiancée Visa a few years back without luck). I do not want to surrender my U.S. citizenship. If this is a possibility, what do I need to do?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Apr 26, 2008, 03:30 PM
    You can maintain dual citizenship based on the exception that you were born with both. It depends on where do you want to live. If you choose to live in Germany with your love one, it's easy.. but if you want to live in US, then he has to go through immigration procedures. It should not be complicated...

Info about American-German citizenship: Dual Nationality

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dual Citizenship [ 1 Answers ]

My friend was born in the US and when she was around 5 she moved to Canada with her family and had lived there ever since. She has dual citizenship and asked me if she could vote in the US even though she hasn't lived there for so long. Can she vote in US elections even though she lives in Canada...

Dual citizenship [ 6 Answers ]

I was born and France and just recently visisted family for the first time. I was born in France because my father was in the military. I fell in love with France it felt like home to me. How do I appy for dual citizenship? I would like to go back for an extended time:)

Dual citizenship [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My father and grandparents were born in Paris, France. I was born in the United States, where I now live. I am interested in dual citizenship with France and the U.S. for studying purposes. I live in Philadelphia, but I believe the French Embassy is in New York. Does anyone have any...

View more questions Search