Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jenoman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2008, 12:51 PM
    Scanner that converts text image to real text
    Dear Helpdesk advisors,

I look for a scanner,that reads any character from paper,converts it to text and has interface with Microsoft software.Usage area: reads product name , unit of product bought, price and other sort of text info.The scanner is able to convert printed and possibly handwritten characters to real text format and make it processable in a MS software, Word,Excel,Access etc.

Thanks
    Jeno from he country ,where Charles Simonyi was born.
    gombak Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2010, 03:49 AM
    Hi buddy,
    Tom here, did you find it?
    I am also looking for such a device. My task: Scann books and turn them to e-book. Put it on website.
    Here, you can change image to text if you have a soft copy:
    http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2007/12/04/scan-and-convert-images-to-text-with-free-ocr-optical-character-recognition/

[email protected],

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Excel 15 digit issue, tried converting to text, text to column feature negates fix [ 6 Answers ]

I have the following numbers that exceed 15 characters that needs to be split into its own columns. Down the road, there would be thousands of such rows of data with the first couple set of unique numbers. 890432453253208820,5004500558,05CC,1,0,0,0,0,0,0, 0000,5.0000,2007-01-11...

Pdf to text [ 8 Answers ]

Are there some pdf's that won't let you copy them as text? I was trying to copy a table from http://www.icca.invensys.com/manuals/robertshaw/110-733c.pdf and couldn't copy it. I had no trouble copying a similar table from http://www.thermostatusa.com/pdf/CCREC01-Installation.pdf Once in a...

She text me! [ 3 Answers ]

OK so 3 weeks ago after my ex ing aorund so much I told her she's too yong for, and I've had enough of her games, so I blocked her on Facebook, msn, etc and for 3 weeks we haven't spoken at all. Now I had a very important show last week, she seemed to have thought it was today because this morning...

Should I text him later on [ 12 Answers ]

This is my first time on the site but I have read some responses to other queries and there excellent so I hope you might be able to advise me on mine. I met a guy from my local area going back about a year ago. I called his business to obtain a quote on my house renovations. Towards the end of...

What to do about text! [ 4 Answers ]

I know this guy from work who flirted with me once a week for 2 years and got together a few times... who now doesn't work for his company... I hadn't talked to him in a month since he quit his job... he contacted with me last month... we have now texted each other here and there... some very...

View more questions Search