Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rockstar714 Posts: 441, Reputation: 44

Jul 9, 2008, 04:07 PM
    Yay! New Nickname!

I haven't been sleeping well (I don't function on less than 8 hours) all thanks to the stress of moving.

Here is a RAOK (random act of kindness):
    The apartment manager of my new apartment didn't know me from a hole in the ground and said if I wanted the apartment it was mine, he'd cancel the 4 other showings he had, so I said I wanted it. He also waived the screening/appication fee, only charged me rent for 9 days this month, gave me the keys on Monday and is willing to wait for the security deposit until the 1st of August, but is letting me move in, well, as of Monday. :)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 9, 2008, 04:37 PM
    Wow, that is nice Roxy. :)

It's nice to know how many kind caring people there are out there. I'm glad that we're talking about all the good things people do, it's sad the bad things usually stick in our minds more than the good.

Jul 9, 2008, 06:06 PM
    Yeah it is. And its really easy to focus on all the bad instead of all of the good. Thanks for this post Starby! I think its something we all have to remind ourselves of. :)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 9, 2008, 06:13 PM
    Yup, time to focus on the good, the bad is easier, but the good is better, and I'm sure happens more frequently then we realize. It's easier to remember the bad, because it's bad. So, a toast to the good, may it flourish and reign supreme! :)
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2008, 05:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck8
    BeautifulBrunette?? Are you sure you just don't have a thing for delivery men??? LOL!! ;)
    Lol you might think that... but no, I don't.
    I hold the door open for young, old, snobby, nice, rich, poor who cares?
    As long as I put some sunshine in someone's day that's all that matter to me :)
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jul 10, 2008, 07:22 AM
    I'm glad you like the thread! I actually started it when I was having a really bad day, and needed something to cheer me up! I like hearing everyones' different stories.

Alty... I never know where I am either! ;)
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2008, 07:37 AM
    I'm a cynic, so whenever someone's nice to me, I'm always wondering what they want from me...
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2008, 07:39 AM
    Come to FL Sneezy, I'll be nice to you... without wanting anything in return... ;)
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jul 10, 2008, 07:42 AM
    Sneezy McSneezerson... you silly boy! Now why would you think that? All we want from you here is your great advice and funny jokes... ohhhh, and your first born! Muwahahahaha!

Morning Chicky girl! :)
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2008, 07:44 AM
    Starbuck, you're more than welcome to take my first born... and my second. As long as you feed them, raise them, and bring them back after 18 years ;)
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2008, 07:45 AM
    Hi Starby :) the "online, but not online" thing always has me all confuddled... :)
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2008, 07:52 AM
    Here's a random act of kindness.

My cable guy came into my apartment, told me to call the company and cancel the service/installation. He then proceeded to carry on with the service/installation and asked me for a tip.. . now I have free internet/cable.

... wait a second.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jul 10, 2008, 07:53 AM
    My puter is still freezing up Chicky, so even if I wasn't sneakin around invisible, everyone would think I'm being a big snob, because I can't always answer! Puter just snubs his nose at me!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jul 10, 2008, 07:55 AM
    ... do I dare ask what the tip was Sneezer? LOL! ;)

Jul 10, 2008, 08:29 AM
    Free cable, woohoo, can that guy come to my house? I'm poor and need something to watch. Lol
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jul 10, 2008, 08:36 AM
    Maybe it was Larry the Cable Guy! ;)

Jul 10, 2008, 08:49 AM
    Dinner and a show. Lol
    Larry the cable guy is hilarious...
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jul 10, 2008, 08:53 AM
    Was that it Sneezy? Did you take Larry out to dinner and a movie? Hee hee hee... ::running fast::
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2008, 08:58 AM
    LOL! You guys... I'm keeping Sneezy busy today... but he says hi... ;)

Jul 10, 2008, 08:59 AM
    Oh no, now I've gone and started something. Lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Says we're not together but still acts like it [ 11 Answers ]

Okay so what should you do, if you and your boyfriend breakup but you still act like your together, I mean you still see each other everyday, have sex, basically live together, but when some one asks he says we're not together...

Giving Space ? Random acts of confusion [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I've been in a relationship (around 3 months) with this great, classy young lady. We met in class (we go to the same University; live a few miles away), and I asked her out to dinner, and we hit it off (and started slow). Thing's went unusually well... we never fought... we seem to hit...

Flood her with kindness? [ 5 Answers ]

I got engaged a few weeks ago and I'm really excited! Unfortunately my fiance's sister has a problem with me and I am not quite sure how to handle the situation... See, we used to be friends, but now I can tell she is purposely trying to be rude to me. She won't come straight out and say rude...

Acts 7:59 [ 32 Answers ]

:) Hello Everyone, Acts 7:59 says: “They went on casting stones at Stephen as he made appeal and said: ‘Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.’” Those words have raised questions in the mind of some, since the Bible says that Jehovah is the “Hearer of Prayer.” Psalm 65:2 Did Stephen really pray to...

Acts.. [ 2 Answers ]

The ____ restricts the collection of data by federally funded schools. a.Tax Reform Act of 1979 b.Educational Privacy Act of 2003 c.USA PATRIOT Act of 2002 d.Computer Matching and Privacy Act of 1988 I can't find it on Google that's why I am here...

View more questions Search