Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Krista Lenne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2008, 11:49 AM
    Lien
    May I put a lien on property, with the owners cooperation and what forms, process do I need?

The lien would be to secure repayment of a loan to the property owner.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 25, 2008, 11:51 AM
    Why would a property owner agree to a lien?

It depends on what the lien is for as to whether you can do it with just their consent. But the forms can be obtained from the county clerk.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 25, 2008, 03:01 PM
    Yes can you please explain what the lien is for, a loan,
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 25, 2008, 04:08 PM
    Please do not start a new thread to answer a question we ask, for any follow-up please place it as a answer to your own question, Most viewers have no way to match up answers lost as new questions.

I have merged your two posts

But you say it is to secure payments "TO" the property owner,
    Do you mean to secure payments FROM the property owner to someone else, so that property owner is allowing the loan to give security for the payments they will make, not payments to them??

But a loan agreement would be drawn up showing the property was to be used as security. You should be able to get a lien form from the clerk.
    If not some of the online form places, goggle lien forms and your state,
    But to be honest, if you want to be sure this is all done right, pay an attorney 200 to 300 dollars (shop attorneys) and get one drawn up properly
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 26, 2008, 04:32 AM
    If you are loaning someone money using the property as collateral, then you need to get a promissory note signed by the property owner that states the property will be used as collateral. You can take a copy of that note to the county clerk and have a lien placed on the property.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Evicting owner of property [ 2 Answers ]

I have been living with my boyfriend for a year, I have custody of my 2 granchildren which he knew before hand. When his wife through him out of his house he moved in with me at my rental property for about a year, when he finally got his house back he asked me to move in so we did. Now he has...

Neighbor attached to fence on our property w/out consent [ 1 Answers ]

Before we put our fence up, we asked our neighbor if he would like to share the fence line, including costs and he said yes. When the day came to erect the fence, we called the neighbor and he said he could not afford it at that time and he also wanted to change the location of where the fence...

How Can A Owner Of A Property Add Someone To Their Deed [ 1 Answers ]

I live in orlando fla I would like to know how can I as the home owner add someone to my deed. What forms do I need to use. I know already that I have to know the pay off my mortgage before I can so this I have requested this information. If anyone nows in this area can they give me a quicl...

Property Owner [ 3 Answers ]

How do I find out who the owner of a property is. I only have an address.

Property taxes/lien on property [ 2 Answers ]

We have been taking care of the rental properties across the street from us for many years as the landlord lives in Arkansas. We have never been paid for these services. We repair and maintain these properties, and the last tenants we even collected the rent and deposited into the landlord’s...

View more questions Search