Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BEAVERTON Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2008, 09:55 AM
    Won judgement
    Since I won a judgement, how do I take the money from their bank accont?
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2008, 09:58 AM
    By a court order?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 25, 2008, 10:14 AM
    This is the catch 22 of judgements. Getting the judgement is often the easier part. You need to KNOW where he banks. You may even need to know the exact account numbers. With that info you go back to the court that issued the judgement and ask for an attachment order. You then get a sheriff to serve that order on the bank.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unaware of default judgement /cause of judgement [ 2 Answers ]

A few days ago, my husband was called by a collection agency informing him of a default judgement of over $8,000 which he had no prior knowledge of. The default judgement was 12/2005. He was told that it was for a credit card he had in 1996. He sincerely believes that he was the victim of identity...

Texas - CC Judgement Can They Put Judgement Against Husband's Property only his name [ 1 Answers ]

Have been sent a summons and contacted attorney. While discussing lump sum settlement they hung up and said they would see me in court. I have tried to call back with no response. Can the judgement in court be put against property that is only in my husbands name?

Judgement [ 11 Answers ]

Three years ago my company shutdown. I went from making a very good living to barely surviving- in a very short period. I was forced to sell my house in order pay my critical bills and sometimes we couldn't even do that. At one point we where even on food stamps. (my wife and four children...

Judgement [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 6000 judgement on my credit report. I want to pay it off but how do I get the money to pay for it? No one will loan me money with this judgement. Can anyone tell me what to do? Tell me how to approach this what do I do first? I've paid 2500 on the debt but they didn't take it off. That was...

Judgement [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any alternative to a judgement? Once a creditor gets a judegment are they entitled to take income tax returns, sales from your home prior to the mortgagee and realtor being paid, garnish wages? How do you have a judgement removed and stop the creditor from renewing every so often?

View more questions Search