Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2008, 09:21 AM
    Fire Fire
    Ok guess what happened to me this morning... the toast didn't pop up and proceeded to burn and set my kitchen alight yes my new bloody kitchen oooo I'm soooo mad.
    Anyway my question does anyone have any tips for removing the smell of smoke the house stinks and its really vile...
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 25, 2008, 09:25 AM
    OMG, that beautiful new kitchen?! I don't have any tips other than to open windows

I hope nothing got destroyed.
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2008, 09:32 AM
    Just my toaster and the underneath of a cupboard I've just written a very nasty letter to the toaster maker its only 3 months old
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2008, 09:34 AM
    :( Oh no!! That's awful!

Baking soda - not sure how you'd use it for a big surface, such as a kitchen, but I know that baking soda helps with smells.

Found this little blurb... "For a small number of relatively small objects, you can seal the items in a plastic bag with baking soda, clay cat litter, or activated charcoal — all will, over time, absorb much of the offending odor."

And this one... "Putting a cup or bowl of vinegar in a room draws smoke oder out then why not use it in the bath or shower. It for sure will not hurt a person seeing as we eat it in salads etc,
    I would think put liberally on washrag (or rag) with
    the soap and lather generously and rince.
    Another thing would be baking soda."

Hope its back to normal soon!!
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2008, 08:42 AM
    Oh no, I don't know of any tricks, there are companies that specialize in this area. You may even talk with your insurance company. If the smoke damage is bad enough, you may be able to let them handle the problem for you. Good luck, that is terrible. What brand of toaster was this? Check for recalls.
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2008, 09:23 AM
    Cough cough not likely that would mean a 200 dollar payment before the insurance even look at it cheeper to clean it ourselves as we did ;)
    I have to say it was all superficial thankgod you would never know can't even smell the smoke today so that's a relief but I never ever want to have to deal with anything like that again no wonder our landlords job is so hard he is a fire officer ;)
    Thanks for the replys though guys xxxxx
    Expert

Apr 26, 2008, 09:30 AM
    Glad it all worked out for you CBW... Won't be long when we can chat again. LOL
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2008, 09:36 AM
    Hehehehehe hasn't exactly stopping me calling you has it ;)
    Expert

Apr 26, 2008, 09:40 AM
    LOL, nope. I still get my CBW fix every once in a while. LOL
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2008, 10:14 AM
    Hell I'm the same I need to sound off at someone you know lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I on fire [ 13 Answers ]

Woke up sat morning and it burned when I urinated. Didn't freak out because I had only been with one person. It persisted for two days and went away when I dranked some cranberry juice. I went to the clinic to be safe and Dr. wanted to stick a small q-tip inside my litle man. I declined and...

Is anyone using Frets on Fire? [ 1 Answers ]

I have GH2 and the lure of all those songs is appealing. Anyone currently using FoF with their GH guitar?

Fire down below [ 20 Answers ]

Finally had sex with this woman that I had been dating for six months. It was well worth the wait. Awesome, next day bumps developed in my pubic hair. I was checked out and was diagnosed with folliculitis. The Dr. said that this was not sexually transmitted, but how else can it be explained.

I'm on fire! [ 7 Answers ]

Ok well I'm not on fire my forehead is.. >!! What do I do if I burned my forehead with my hair straightner but I can't find any aloe!. I NEED HELP SOON!!

Fire [ 3 Answers ]

I had a fire in my apartment on July 27. I didn't have renters insurance. When I applied for the Fire Marshall report it stated that it was inconclusive (they could not determine who's fault it was), now my question is can I sue the management company for compensation of lost items, i.e furniture

View more questions Search