Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Winkfield Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2006, 06:26 AM
    Need ethernet controller driver
    Somehow this driver disappeared. It is not loading off the driver install disk. HELP!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 17, 2006, 06:51 AM
    What makes you think it disappeared? What version of Windows? Win XP has built in drivers for network cards so there shouldn't be a need to install anything.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2006, 06:57 AM
    Try going into Device Manager and uninstalling the NIC from there. Then Scan for Hardware Changes to see if XP (I"m assuming you have XP) will pick it up. If not then you have to take out the card and note the numbers/letters on the chipset or get the model/make so that we can direct you to the proper driver download.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ethernet cable [ 3 Answers ]

I am on orange broadband and I need to connect the ethernet cable from my livebox into my computer ,however I donot have an ethernet socket on my computer so is there another way of doing this .

Connecting two PC via ethernet [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am a game freek. I want to connect my two pcs for playing multiplayer games via ethernet. Please help.

RS-485 Vs Ethernet [ 1 Answers ]

We have Programmable logic controllers that have two connections One is an Ethernet port RJ-45 The other is an RS-485 port RJ-11 I use an NIC for one and an RS-232 /RS-485 converter for the other What is the difference? Does the Ethernet use TC/IP? Do both use three wires? Is the data...

Video controller driver problems [ 1 Answers ]

I reformatted my compaq presario 5000 with 98 SE and I have everything working but the display is awful. I have no choice but 16 color and small resolution. How can I find out what video controller I have? That shows up in device manager under other devices? The specs on my PC says I have...

View more questions Search