Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chillicothe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2008, 03:37 PM
    Adult probation
    If I missed my probation appointment due to my doctors appointment running late! What will happen? I even have a note from doctor stating I was there! Do I have 24 hours to report before being violated?
    thegandyman Posts: 26, Reputation: 6

Apr 24, 2008, 03:45 PM
    That depends on your PO.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2008, 05:15 PM
    They really don't care WHAT your reason is for missing a probation appointment - the only valid reason they will take is if you are dead or in the hospital in critial condition and unable to attend period. Call them as soon as possible and try and explain and tell them you have a doctor's note about it. After they get done laughing (assuming they are normal probation office personnel) you will probably be attending a probation violation hearing in the near future. Doctors appointments second, probation office appointment always FIRST regardless.
    If this was a felony probation appointment that you missed - they will not be happy one iota with you. They are going to ask you - why didn't you call? Everyone has a cell phone or telephone in the doctor's office? What were you thinking?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 24, 2008, 05:28 PM
    Of course what you did ( I am sure) was to call his office from the doctors office and tell him. Or you went to his office as soon as you got out of the doctors office right?

Got a cell phone, used the phone in the doctors office ?

Ok, if you got a good PO, he will understand and give you a warning,
    If you have a jerk as a PO, there may be a warrant out on you right now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adult acne [ 1 Answers ]

Please help me get rid of my adult acne fast and permanently. I've tried just about everything!

Reporting probation in Ohio to Non reporting probation in Florida [ 3 Answers ]

In June 2006 I was sentenced to 5 years probation in Ohio. In Ohio I could travel anywhere in the state without permission. I moved to Florida in September 2007. In Florida I cannot leave the county without permission. I asked my Florida PO about non-reporting probation. I was told that Florida has...

Summary probation vs. Formal probation [ 2 Answers ]

If I arrested for under the influence of controlled substance and I'm on summary probation, Would I still be charged with violation of probation the same as if I were on formal probation?

Adult child [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter moved into her own apartment at the age of 27. I never realized how immature she is until she left home. Here is a list of things I observe and am wondering if it would benefit her for me talk to her about these behaviors. I have just kept out of her personal problems but am going...

Guardianship of adult [ 1 Answers ]

I have been taking care of an adult for the past 10 years that was in a car accident and has had brain injury. She is sometimes in a child like state of a 7 year old and is now 36 and I would like to know what I can do to have legal guardianship to protect her from her former abusive family.

View more questions Search