Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BiWiccanAndProud Posts: 530, Reputation: 25

Apr 24, 2008, 12:24 PM
    Trying to decide my career!
    Okay a while back I posted something about college and how I wanted to be a teacher, I also posted on how my memory problem might interfere. To review, I have a bad memory but I want to be an english teacher! I'm scared that I wouldn't make a good teacher because of my bad memory. Well a lot of court stuff has been happening around me lately (It always has because my parents aren't together), and the other day me and my mother started talking about lawyers and she said (as she has before) that I would make a good lawyer because if I research something I can make good points and good arguments, and I never back down.

I've always been a... fan?. of the law. I enjoy cold case and all law and orders. My favorite part of law and order is when they are in the court room. I think I would make a good lawyer, and I think I would make a good teacher, but I'm still thinking about my memory problem? So my first question which would be easier on someone with a memory problem?

My second one is brought up from a conversation I had with my boyfriend about this, he said that maybe I could just take courses in college that have to do with law and english teaching. So... I'm wondering... can you do that? I know you need at least 7 years of school to be a lawyer and only 4 to be a teacher... so could I take courses on both in college?

And a third question... how much is law school? I'm worrying about finances as well because I don't want to go into the army (even though my mom insists so that I could get free tuition), and I don't know what scolarships are offered for either of these.

Point blank for someone with a memory problem which job would be easier? Which should I pick or how do I choose? Or can I take courses on them both at the same time so that when I finally pick I at least have the knowledge for either job?

I'm so confused...
    free grants Posts: 46, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2008, 12:30 AM
    It is best if you choose courses that you like best . I suggest that you enroll to a colleges in becoming an English teacher, after you finish and got the job as teacher that was the time for you to take another course as lawyer. Or find a colleges, university and colleges who gives grants and scholarship in becoming a lawyer or teacher.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2008, 01:16 AM
    Having memory problems means that you have to write things down. Then you can check what you wrote if you can't remember something.

Being either a lawyer or a teacher means that you would have to draw on your memory.

Becoming a teacher takes less time and therefore costs less. Then, if you teach at a public school, continuing education is required, yearly. If you have kids, being a school teacher has its advantages in that you are home more, when the kids are out of school. The main disadvantage of being a teacher is that the pay can really stink. By stink, I mean that the American dream of owning a home is probably out of reach unless you are married to a lawyer.

Becoming a lawyer is a long process. The first several years of college will help you decide. If you can put in the time, and money it takes, that would be a better career choice. As a courtroom lawyer you will debate. Have you taken any classes that include debate and rebuttal? Both require a logical mind and a good grip on the facts. Seeing both sides while arguing for only one side takes a certain mindset. Speaking in public and to total strangers is part of it too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't Decide. [ 7 Answers ]

Ever since I was a child I've wanted to be a veterinarian. I currently work in a vet clinic as a Veterinarian Technician. I love my job I love what I do. For the past few years I've also thought about being a forensic scientist or a Crime scene investigator. I don't really know if I want to be a...

I can't decide [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone suggest how I should pick a major? I'm interested in graphic design, but have not had much access to computers, photography-but no practice, clothing design-but can't afford a fashion school, and psychology- but I have a lot of tattoos would anyone hire me ? Please help I'm so confused.

How do I decide? [ 1 Answers ]

I am so stuck it's unbelievable! I'm currently doing my A-levels and am supposed to be applying for university now but I just have no idea what I want to do. None of my friends seem to be quite so indecisive and I feel so pressured to make up my mind it's making me ill. I used to want to go into...

Can't decide! [ 7 Answers ]

I am really really stuck!I'm trying to decide if I should try out for my middle school cheerleading squad,this is the last year that I can.I really like cheerleading, but I'm up against 6 other girls!! 3 are loved by all ,and good,and then one I know will make it because she is really good!! The...

I need help to decide [ 9 Answers ]

My boyfriend just moved away from Pennsylvania to Nebraska but I am stuck here. I don't know if we should stay together and have a long distance relationship or break-up. What should I do? Signed :confused:

View more questions Search