Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pilot1264sierra Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2008, 09:20 AM
    Adobe pdf attachments
    I click on the attachement and a screen pops up and say's "There was a error opening this document. The file cannot be found.

Any help will be appreciated.
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Apr 24, 2008, 10:02 AM
    I would try uninstalling and then reinstalling PDF Reader. If you're using the Adobe PDF reader, I'd suggest uninstalling it, and then installing FoxIT Reader instead... either one will work, but FoxIT always seems to work better for me.

It sounds like the file association got messed up somehow, so when you reinstall, it should create the association again.
    Benjimeister Posts: 83, Reputation: 6

Apr 24, 2008, 10:07 AM
    I agree with retsoksirhc's suggestions, but another thing that might be wrong is that the attachment itself could be corrupted. At the least, I'd recommend downloading the attachment, and then opening it up from your hard drive, as opposed to through your email.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 24, 2008, 10:56 AM
    Do you have the latest version of the Reader? They are free so the first thing I would do is get the latest version from Adobe.com.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

More on adobe 8 [ 2 Answers ]

Do the adobe reader speed launch and the synchronizer have to load at startup? Also what do these two things do?

Attachments [ 2 Answers ]

How do you include an attachment to your question? :mad:

Anyone knows adobe.. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi to all, I want to know how to add fonts in adobe illustrator and photoshop :) is that too much hehehe have a nice day... Thankz...

View more questions Search