Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jayalaks Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2008, 04:10 AM
    USB is affetcted eith New folder.exe worm
    My pendrive is affected vy this virus , in each folder inside that there is exe file with the same folder name.
    Also there is regsvr.exe and newfolder.exe continuously created even though I delete.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2008, 01:44 PM
    For the cost involved, I say get a new pendrive.

Sure, you could try to scan it on a computer but for as little as they cost,
    I wouldn't take the chance that the virus could infect the computer too.

Good Luck!
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2008, 10:29 AM
    OK jayalaks,

It is clear that you are of limited intelligence, so I apologize that my answer so confused you.

You see, you hit me with a negative rating, and you said that you "disagree" but we both know that you DO agree, you even admitted in your comment that you "already knew that"?

You could have read the rest of my answer, where it suggests that you could try to run a virus scan on the pen drive, but, I guess you choose to ignore that.

I disagree that you disagree with me, because you actually agree, and don't even know it.

Good Luck with your infected pen drive!
    jayalaks Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2008, 10:23 PM
    If you don't know how it could be cleaned rather than buying a new pendrive(which is your solution) please keep shut.
    I have seen a good solution for the newfolder exe already and removed the virus.Seeing your answer many may think that the solution only is to buy a new pendrive and NO way to remove the New folder.exe.

My old Pendrive itself is now very clean without any Virus.
    {if you format the pendrive also, the Virus will again come.. So your answer is ruled out}

Others,the solution for my question is available in this link.Please use the second [HKEY_LOCAL... ]
    Infotix: How to remove NewFolder.exe virus

Quote Originally Posted by progunr
    OK jayalaks,

It is clear that you are of limited intelligence, so I apologize that my answer so confused you.

You see, you hit me with a negative rating, and you said that you "disagree" but we both know that you DO agree, you even admitted in your comment that you "already knew that"?

You could have read the rest of my answer, where it suggests that you could try to run a virus scan on the pen drive, but, I guess you choose to ignore that.

I disagree that you disagree with me, because you actually agree, and don't even know it.

Good Luck with your infected pen drive!
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Apr 27, 2008, 11:28 PM
    If the files you mentioned are continuously recreated, I suspect the computer is still infected. To determine the exact virus and cleaning methods, you'll either need to install current antivirus software that can do the work itself or research the behavior at antivirus vendor sites and do a manual removal. Here's Symantec's writeup for a virus W32.HLLW.Ssdx that has some characteristics of yours. You may have a new variant.

Search for "new folder" or similar at:
    McAfee Threat Center
    Security Response - Symantec Corp.

You can also try running an online scan at Trend Micro HouseCall. AVG is also free.

The general gist of manual removal is booting into safe mode via F8 and locating and deleting the virus executable files (gleaned from reading the virus writeup at the above sites) and removing any registry entries.

There is also this post (did you search before posting?) https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/spywar...etc-85266.html
    PAVANreddy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2008, 11:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jayalaks
    My pendrive is affected vy this virus , in each folder inside that there is exe file with the same folder name.
    Also there is regsvr.exe and newfolder.exe continuously created even though i delete.
    I also got the same problem for that when I logon to system immediately go to taskmanager and remove that process named regsvr.exe.there are process with same name one system file and another one is user file
    askjuba Posts: 35, Reputation: 2

Jul 20, 2008, 10:07 PM
    Did you fix this? I got this like three weeks ago and the fix is to get win2x.exe and save.exe off the registry but there are some other steps involved, let me know, thanks.

AskJuba
    rkpaliwal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2008, 10:41 PM
    Comment on progunr's post
    Want a solution not a suggestion
    ranjib Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2008, 10:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jayalaks
    Also there is regsvr.exe and newfolder.exe continuously created even though i delete.
    Well I also faced the same problem some days ago.I solved by scanning it through Avast antivirus.it really helped me deleting all the new folder exe and regsvr. For instant results,try a bootscan with avast and finally format the pendrive after the removal of the virus.
    ranjib Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2008, 08:24 PM
    Well this problem is so simple.what you need to do is scan your whole computer with Avast Antivirus,try boot scan for better results.When the computer scanning is done then insert your pendrive and scan with avast again.

Finally format your pendrive --so you are done

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tape worm [ 12 Answers ]

I am scared I have one- most likely no because the only raw meat I eat is Sushi. "Often no signs or symptoms Most people who are infected with tapeworm don't show symptoms. Signs and symptoms of intestinal infection Most likely, you won't have any signs or symptoms with an intestinal...

I-Worm/VB.IP Virus [ 4 Answers ]

According to AVG my computer is infected with the I Worm/VB.IP virus but it will take too long to remove it with AVG (if it even can) because it has infected thousands of files and AVG asks me to remove each one. Do you have any info on removing this virus?

Install folder is missing from my Windows (XP) folder [ 3 Answers ]

How odd. Tried to install a program and got "1607: Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime". I found the fix options at microsoft.com but one of them refers to C:\Windows\Installer - and I realize I don't have it! How the heck it disappeared I have no clue :confused: Hope hope...

Worm Pills [ 1 Answers ]

From a PM: ''Hay how are you? I just wanted to ask you a quick question. I have three dogs. A cat, 2 fish, so meds for all them can get expensive (not to mention the food) but I am sure you know this. Question do you think it is safe to order meds online for them? The last time I ordered they were...

Sasser.B.Worm [ 3 Answers ]

Was recently infected by Sasser.B.Worm virus. I loaded the Microsoft patch and the Norton Anti-Virus correction tool. Norton now says that their scan does not detect the virus. Part of Norton's instrcutions was to use their software to quarantine the infected files, which I did. ...

View more questions Search