Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kenttaki Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2008, 02:50 AM
    Interstate Unemployment filing
    I work in several states and hve been told by several people that I can file an interstate claim and get and UI benefits from the highest paying state. Any knowledge about this subject out there?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 24, 2008, 05:29 AM
    An interstate claim is done by the unemployment department, all you do is go to the unemployment office where you live and file for unemployment. The will do the check of all of the states you work and they will do the process, nothing special for you to do.
    cissyb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2011, 11:29 AM
    I am now a resident of tn but draw from the state of Ga - I spoke with my representative in Ga last week and she told me that I had 3 weeks left on this tier. And that I would just keep certifying for the next one. When I logged in to certify, the screen said that my pin # had been suspended. Can anyone tell me why that could have happened?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unemployment filing [ 1 Answers ]

When an employee files for unemployment, do they file in the state they worked or the state they live? The company I work for is a construction company and our employees can work in multiple states. I sometimes get multiple claims for the same person for different states... are they allowed to...

Interstate Judgement [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Florida judgement against a defendant who lives in Maryland. I know the defendants address, social security number and employer but I don't know the bank account information. Do I need an attorney to handle executing a Writ of Garnishment or can I find all the necessary documents online....

Interstate transfer [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a fee to the probationer for an interstate transfer from AZ to PA?

View more questions Search