Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    happy711 Posts: 215, Reputation: 4

Apr 23, 2008, 08:35 PM
    Microdermabrasion kits?
    Can anyone recommend any good at-home microdermabrasion kits?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Apr 26, 2008, 07:54 PM
    I just bought the Neutragena one, and I really like it...
    chipp Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2008, 11:46 AM
    I suggest you see a professional to have it done. It's the best way to get the results you want. Upon seeing a professional, your probably more likely to get faster results. Not only that but it's a permanent procedure, but of course your skin will begin to age with time. See a pro
    xunsinkablex Posts: 31, Reputation: 5

Jul 2, 2008, 12:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by happy711
    Can anyone recomend any good at-home microdermabrasion kits?
    I HIGHLY recommend Olay Regenerist Microdermabrasion & Peel System. I have had so many problems with my skin and could never keep it from getting dry, no matter what kind of facial cleanser/acne system I used and no matter how much I moisturized. I also had problems with having bigger pores as well as redness in my cheeks. I have used this system for about a week and my skin is honestly at least 10 times better. There's much less redness, no blackheads, and no dry skin. If you're curious, I'll let you know my skincare regimen that is actually working for once! It differs a bit from the package, but it's working flawlessly for me, so you may want to try this. You'll need a new electric toothbrush, toner, cotton balls, and a good moisturizer. For the toothbrush, I recommend the Crest SpinBrush Pro-Clean with extra soft bristles - it's only about $7 at any drugstore. Make sure the toner is alcohol-free or it will dry your skin out. I use the L'Oreal stuff.. not sure of the name but it's pink.

One day a week:
    1. Wash face with mild, unscented soap and water that's as hot as you can stand. Dove is a good soap for this, and the hot water will help open pores. This will aid in cleansing.
    2. Gently pat your face slightly dry with a towel.
    3. Apply Olay Regenerist Microdermabrasion Scrub evenly all over your face.
    4. Wet the toothbrush with warm water, turn it on, and use it to scrub your face GENTLY. Do this in a circular motion. Pay special attention to the nose area, where a lot of blackheads can build up. Do it for however long you feel you need to until you're finished.
    5. Wash your face with cool water and pat dry.
    6. Take a cotton ball and apply toner all over your face.
    7. Moisturize! I personally use Curel Continuous Comfort Moisturizing Lotion (unscented). Neutrogena Norweigan Formula also works well, but you can use whatever kind of moisturizer you prefer. It's even better if it has sunblock in it.
    Your face might be a bit red after this one, but don't worry. It only lasted about a minute for me. It's because of the toothbrush stimulating bloodflow (which is a good thing - it means healthier skin!).

On another day of the week (try skipping a day in between at first), use the microdermabrasion scrub and chemical peel as directed on the box. Two times a week (using the method above and the directions on the package one time each) should be okay if your skin is sensitive. If you noticed that it's aggravating your skin, take it down to once a week. If you need more, try three times a week. Customize it to whatever you're comfortable with.
    I hope this helps you. It worked WONDERS for me!
    toad167 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2009, 05:29 PM
    I ordered the Dermanew home kit off the internet after A lot of research... Extremely happy! 2 weeks and I'm already seeing results! My husband even commented last night that my skin's looking better & healthier.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Have anyone use Youthful Essence Microdermabrasion System by Susan Lucci?or know of any [ 5 Answers ]

Have anyone use Youthful Essence Personal Microdermabrasion System by Susan Lucci?. what do it do for the skin?. or do anyone know of a better Microdermabrasion system that works?. I have a lot of white heads on my Nose and was wondering if this can help and also my skin is kind of...

Microdermabrasion for Acne + Stretch Marks [ 5 Answers ]

Is microdermabrasion for acne perminate? And has anyone ever had any success with it on stretch marks?

Microdermabrasion Basics [ 3 Answers ]

Anybody know anything about microdermabrasion? Thanks for any info!

Skin has lightened due to microdermabrasion [ 1 Answers ]

I am a medium dark skin african american woman. I have acne scars on my face and back, I have used skin lightener on the spots on my back and microdermabrasion on my face along with clearisil & noxema. Now my face is two shades lighter then my arms arms and legs. Will my color in my face get...

View more questions Search