Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deph085 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2008, 04:50 PM
    Yeast infection
    I just came back from the urineologist and found out that I have a yeast infection.
    I always practiced safe sex is it possible to get a yeast infection from oral sex.
    What are the other ways for a man to have a yeast infection.
    Can I get a yeast infection from spermicidal lubricant, nonoxynol-9, or a latex allergy?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 23, 2008, 04:53 PM
    Are you circumsized?
    deph085 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2008, 10:32 PM
    No I'm not circumsized
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2008, 10:50 PM
    You can get penile yeast infections via

Sex
    Prolonged antibiotic use
    If you are diabetic, you're more prone to getting a yeast infection
    And... the all-time favorite rumored "nonoxynol-9"

It's been "rumored" that nonoxynol-9 causes yeast infection in males... but there just isn't enough studies done to confirm it, however many people with penile yeast infections do say that they use condoms with spermicides (nonoxynol-9) and has reported that the infection doesn't return once they stopped using it.

I'm assuming that your doctor gave you instructions to clear up your infection, I suggest cleaning yourself in the shower, drying off as well as possible, and try staying away from condoms with spermicide.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Yeast infection or more? [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, has any of you ladies experienced a constant brown vaginal discharge, almost throughout the entire cycle? Also I notice as I write, when I suck in my stomach, my lower abdomen feels funny, like kind of (slightly) sore. I think I had some cramping earlier today. And while showering I saw a...

Yeast infection [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I have a yeast infection and my discharge has a yellowish tint to it,should I worry or should I call my doctor.:o

Yeast infection [ 2 Answers ]

My girl has an itching below on the vulva. She has no discharge, no odor, but she has some pains in her pelvics area. Is this a yeast infection, and if it's a std what are the usual time spans for symptoms

Possible yeast infection? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I have had intercourse recently with my GF, she has been my ONLY partner for approximately over a year. I have never encountered any problems during or after intecourse that has affected my health only until recently. Last week we had unprotected intercourse while she was on her menstruation. I...

Yeast infection? [ 3 Answers ]

These were my other posts that will help me explain my new one. I have found a birth control that's doesn't make me feel sick and it has help my period so that it has finally stopped. I am getting a lot of discharge now which before I was told was overgrowth in yeast. This would be the third time...

View more questions Search