Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ewkhelpdesk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2006, 03:19 PM
    Bad lien on house
    A air conditioning company put a lien on my house, yet I never signed a contract with them to install a new AC unit. They said that I owed them money for installing the unit and removing it which was $800. I told them that I was interested in the purchase and installing of a new unit, but never gave them permission or signed a contract with them. They never notified me concerning the lien, and the only way I found out about it was by a credit check. Otherwise, I would have never known about it.

Can someone please help me get the lien removed.

Thank you,

E W King
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 16, 2006, 03:28 PM
    You will have to file in court against them, you will have to prove that you don't owe them the money ( or they will basically have to prove that you owe them the money.

Did the put the air unit in??
    If so, then it will be your word against theirs that there was a verbal contract to put in a new air unit.

The fact that they came to your house and put in a new unit ( hard to do if you are not home) does show some level that you were aware that they were doing this.

Just my opinon, if I was the judge, you had better show that they put this in without your knowledge, like you came home and poof it was already completely done and they would not take it out and put your old one back.

If they can convince the judge that there was a verbal contract to do this, most likely the lien will stay in place and the only way to remove it, is to pay them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

House Lien Advice/Help please. [ 12 Answers ]

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, or If I can even find the right forum to get some advice, I will post my current situation in a few places and will check them all. Please Read I will try to be brief Current Situation : I'm a son trying to help out my dad with some...

Lien is haunting me! [ 3 Answers ]

An old lien came up 2 years ago when I bought a house right before I divorced my husband. My husband and I agreed that we would split our debt and when I made settlement my lawyer told me to say that it was not my debt. I did a quit claim and my husband sold the house. My lawyer told me that my...

Can credit card companies put a lien on my house? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I live in Broward county, Florida, I defaulted in three unsecured business loans and two unsecured business credit cards all are guaranteed personally by me, now that the business has failed and the S corporation is dissolved, can these creditors go after me and put a lien on my...

Lien [ 8 Answers ]

I checked my account online tonight and all my money is gone. I called my bank's 1800 number and they said there is a lien on the account for 2000 dollars. I only had about 700 approx total. My account shows overdrawn -1768!! How can they do that? I never received ANY notice of this. I did...

Tax lien certificates [ 1 Answers ]

Are tax lien certificates purchased for the purpose of 1. gaining a good return on investment or 2. securing property with little money down as good as it's kicked up to be? What are the biggest drawdowns to tax lien certificates? Thank you

View more questions Search