Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2008, 12:55 PM
    Foster child needs assistance
    This is a long story, I will try to cut it short for all of you. Thank you in advance for any help or advice!

We fostered a boy (14) The first month was great, then the honeymoon stage left all together, meaning his true colors started showing very rapidly. From getting angry when we said no, to getting REALLY angry when someone pushed his buttons.
    Anyway it got to the point where we had to say enough is enough and he had to go. BUT, before we let him go I went through a process of elimination... talking to the other foster parents and kind of interviewing each one to see where he would best be able to live and maybe even stay. You see he has been in more than 20 homes from the time he was three. So it was important to me to beg him to stay until we found the perfect place. I thought we found the perfect place, but he just called and said he had to leave (his anger got the best of him again)
    So, my question to all of you is, he is not going to make it in an individual home, he needs more, he needs to be taught (at 14 mind you) morals, values, self worth... I have been looking on line to find a good place for him, maybe a military style live in facility that has one on one help with personal issues. Or something like it. It doesn't have to be military style but I don't want him in juvenile hall either. I need to act fast and I can't get many answers from the state because I am no longer his guardian. Anyone have any suggestions?
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2008, 01:05 PM
    What state?
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2008, 01:06 PM
    Sorry, I am in Oregon, thank you George!
    Portland, Springfield and Eugene are good areas that are closest to his family.
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2008, 01:26 PM
    Short on time, but I found this article about a foster home in Washington State; if you locate an agency, contact it and talk to someone there for possible referrals in your area; I'm thinking someone knows someone; try to network on this.
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2008, 01:32 PM
    George do you have a link or anything, I could look for days and never find it... Thanks, I really appreciate this, I care deeply for this kid! He has huge HUGE potential!
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2008, 01:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by startover22
    George do you have a link or anything, I could look for days and never find it....Thanks, I really appreciate this, I care deeply for this kid! He has huge HUGE potential!!
    I'm sorry: Greenwood foster care agency makes home a reality for the toughest kids in the system

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foster kids [ 5 Answers ]

I was told it is not good for little kids to sleep together boys or girls. I have a 1 and 2 year old foster sisters and was told they can't sleep together. Being takien away from their parents is tramatic and I don't see just for a little while why they can't sleep together?:rolleyes:

Foster child as a dependent [ 1 Answers ]

Can I claim my foster child as a dependent on my tax filing?

Previous foster child. [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I was wondering if there's any financal help for me. I'm 20 now and use to be in the foster system. My foster paurents never let me participate in the functions that they had for us when we were kids through the state. I'm having trouble paying for rent and everyday things. Is there any grants...

View more questions Search