Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rggraham Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2004, 01:43 PM
    Dual citizenship
    I am a French national and a permanent resident in the US. My husband is American. Apparently, there are tax advantages to my becoming an American citizen. What are the consequences, if any, from the French government's point of view of obtaining US citizenship? Has anyone gone through this exercise?
    Franceroxmyworld Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2004, 03:05 PM
    Dear rggraham,

I am aware that the French gov't has nothing against you obtaining another citizenship. However, you should give the French Embassy to the USA a call or go to their web site.

http://www.consulfrance-newyork.org/

Tel 212 / 606 3600
    Fax 212 / 606 3620

*hope this helps :D

-Ben

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dual Citizenship? [ 15 Answers ]

Ok, I've got a question. My father is a natural born French citizen, living in the United States. I am eighteen years old, born in the United States, my mother is a US Citizen, my father is a French citizen. Would I qualify for dual citizenship because of the French with their "jus...

Applying for dual citizenship [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am a first generation american. My father is from Germany and my mother is a green card holder from france. I am desperately seeking information on how to obtain either an eu passport or a french passport. The web has not been very helpful and I have written many e:mails and placed...

Dual citizenship [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My father and grandparents were born in Paris, France. I was born in the United States, where I now live. I am interested in dual citizenship with France and the U.S. for studying purposes. I live in Philadelphia, but I believe the French Embassy is in New York. Does anyone have any...

Dual citizenship us/austria [ 1 Answers ]

Hello My boyfriend is us citizen, I'm austrian citizen I've been here in the us as an au pair for almost 2 years now. After I'll finish my two years as an au pair in January, he will have his bachelor degree and then we both want to go to austria to study. My question is, when we get married,...

View more questions Search