Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    darkamenity Posts: 16, Reputation: 0

Apr 23, 2008, 01:57 AM
    Tongue Piercing, white tongue, ulcer spot?
    Pierced it 5 days ago.

Situated in front of the pierced hole, there is what appears to be an 'ulcer' type looking spot.

Can anyone shed some light for me please?:(
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2008, 04:08 PM
    The whiteness of the tongue is an indicator that you are overusing mouthwash. Your mouth is becoming dried out. Lower your mouthwash use and the white coloring will go away.

The ulcer looking spot can be a sign of irritation. The irritation can be caused by overcleaning (as previously mentioned), smoking, drinking alcohol, injury, etc. Make sure you are using non-alcoholic mouthwash. Anything else can cause a chemical burn on your tongue because of the frequency that you need to use it. Don't smoke or drink for 6 weeks. Don't play with it, click or rub it on your teeth, or suck on it. All of these things can cause this irritation.
    darkamenity Posts: 16, Reputation: 0

Apr 25, 2008, 01:36 AM
    Thanks!! :)
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2008, 11:12 AM
    You're welcome! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tongue piercing [ 5 Answers ]

k, ii just got my tongue pierced, and I'm a smoker... but the lady told me ii couldn't smoke until after six months! But I'm not guna be able to go that long without one... so my question is as long as ii rinse my mouth out after I'm through, can ii have a ciggarette? Oh and 6-9-07 at like between...

I have a spot on my tongue with no tastebuds. Why? [ 13 Answers ]

I know for a fact that I grind my teeth at night, and I'm not sure if this may have something to do with it, but on the left front tip of my tongue, about an inch wide, I have a spot with no tastebuds. I've has this spot for a few years, but it has gotten bigger, about double its size. It's...

Black spot on tongue [ 2 Answers ]

My friends husband has noticed a black spot on his tongue in the last couple of weeks. It doesn't hurt . She says it looks like a stain.He is worried about it.

Black spot on tongue of 8 month old [ 5 Answers ]

My 8 month old daughter has a black spot on the end of her tongue.. does anyone know what this could be caused by? She is currently fighting a cold... could this be associated with the spot?

Spot on tongue [ 1 Answers ]

My son is 6 months old and has had a spot on the top part of his tongue for about a week now. It was pretty small but is now about half the size of a dime. He has new teeth coming in on the top but the spot seems too far back and too far to the right for him to have made it from him biting himself....

View more questions Search