Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bsharp01 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2008, 10:13 PM
    My Husband wants to adopt my daughter.
    I had my daughter out of marriage and her father has only seen her once he is not in the birth certificate but she has his last name. He has been in and out in jail and would get deported once he gets out he is illegal here we have no contact with him at all. Now I have been married for 3 yrs and my husband has been there for my daughter ever since she was 1 yr and 8 months she knows him as her dad she is 5 yrs old now. We need to know what to do in order to get this done and does her real dad has any rights. Anything would help .:confused:
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Apr 23, 2008, 04:49 AM
    Of course her real dad has rights.

You will need to at least make a good faith attempt to contact him to get him to sign them away before your husband can adopt.

Contact a family lawyer in your area. They will walk you through the legal steps you must take to make this happen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Husband wants to adopt my daughter [ 22 Answers ]

I have been married to my husand for 11 years, and we have 2 children, my daughter is 14 and my son is 9. My husband has been with my daughter since 2 and she has no idea that he is not her biological father, he is my son's biological father. All her records Doctor, school, etc. show her last name...

How does my husband adopt my daughter? [ 2 Answers ]

What do we have to do for my husband to adopt my daughter?

Husband wants to adopt my daughter [ 4 Answers ]

My ex husband has custody of my daughter which he is not the biologial father. I want to bring her home so bad. I got remarried and my now husband wants to adopt her. Are there any chances for us and if so, what would be the first step? Please somebody help us!!

Can my husband adopt my daughter [ 1 Answers ]

Can my husband adopt my daughter if her father has nothing to do with her?

Husband wants to adopt daughter but. [ 2 Answers ]

All right here goes... My husband of 4 years is wanting to adopt my 8 year old daughter. She herself has been asking when she can have her "daddy's" last name. Her Biological father is listed on her birth certificate though we were never married. We did get a court ordered Child support...

View more questions Search