Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2008, 07:08 PM
    Chihuahua with an issue!
    Hey guys!! I've got a new chihuahua pup and we are having a bit of an issue... separation anxiety! For example, when she doesn't finish using the bathroom outside I keep her contained in the kitchen with a puppy pad, just in case, while I do housework, etc. As soon as I leave the kitchen she starts crying... I try to ignore her and not approach her until she calms down a bit but she would go on for hours if I let her. Any tips, advice?? Thanks guys!
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2008, 07:13 PM
    My chihuahua had a similar problem... she wailed like a sea lion for 2 - 3 hours.

I eventually got her a crate and also put one of my old workout t-shirts in there with her... my scent apparently calmed her down... try it.

Also, I recommend a book called "Art of raising a puppy"
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2008, 07:21 PM
    I like the idea of leaving something with my scent on it for her! I've heard that crates work well, I just hate the idea of putting her in such a little space... I'm such a sucker! I'll check out that book... right now I'm reading "Being the Pack Leader" by Ceaser... it's a great read too! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

When to fix chihuahua? [ 3 Answers ]

I recently bought a female chihuahua from a couple who got her from another couple. What a mess. They weren't sure when she got her shots last, how old she really is, and they said she has been in heat once. Well I've only owned male dogs and didn't know anything about a her being in heat. But...

Chihuahua problems [ 10 Answers ]

Hi everyone I am new to this... I'm having such a hard hard problem with my 5 month chihuahua, Peanut, he won't go on his potty pad anymore.. he'll pee on the floor and poop as well... also I've caught him peeing on his bed..! I've never heard of a dog peeing where they sleep! He has been doing...

Old Chihuahua [ 12 Answers ]

I have an 8 year old male long haired chihuahua that I have had since I was 16. He was born on the couch on my brother's feet and I have had him ever since. His mom got hit by a car when he was a puppy which is why I had decided to keep him. He is my baby. I spoil him rotten. I love him very much,...

Chihuahua not eating [ 7 Answers ]

Got a chihuahua pup... 7 weeks... it won't eat its food we bought for her... we are trying to feed her eukanuba dog food... she will eat if we drop one kibble on the floor at a time... she will stop eating after the 10th kibble... however, she will eat chicken... She already went to the vet and...

My chihuahua [ 2 Answers ]

Is there anyone out there that can maybe some how help me My chihuahua front paw looks as if its fractured Is there anything I can do to fix it until I can get him to the vet and Does anyone know how much it will cost?? please help me at this sad time

View more questions Search