Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sopy81 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2008, 07:46 AM
    Depression
    I need help I'm depressed want to kill myself but too scared and just want to be happy be normal. What is the best way to deal with this? Its horrible. Tried pills they worked for bit then came off them don't want to go back on them because hey make you feel worse before you feel better!
    Turasleon Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2008, 10:11 AM
    Depression is a horrible thing, and is very, outrageously common in our society. I assure you, you aren't alone.

You don't want to kill yourself, per se. Life has just become extremely difficult for you, you are no longer willing to deal with it, and you want to escape. No matter what, every time you come back from reality from any other form of escape (movies, driving, alcohol, drugs, video games, etc. Not saying you do any of these things, just so you get an idea... ), you suffer again almost instantly.

Pills aren't going to work. As you said, they make you feel worse before you feel better. As well, they don't offer any long term solution, and your life is not going to improve even if you are taking pills. You'll just feel better about it. Is there anything else you can tell us about your life about why you are so depressed?
    pleasehelpme101 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Apr 22, 2008, 06:53 PM
    OK there are many reasons people feel depression and depression as something that controls you it seems that you can't control it however you can...
    There are many things in a persons life that can make you feel depression and it's a littlebit too long to write but in a persons life there are always good things that has happened and if there isn't there will be something good to happen if you let you depression control you you will lose everything so shape up things are not that bad I want you to sit down tonight and think about all of the happy things in your life let yourself feel the happyness all over again as if it just happened I want you to keep in contatct with your past before you felt depression here is something for you to think about
    My mother died of cancer I watched her be abused and raped and I tried to defend her but I was little I've had bad things happen in my life however do I feel depression? No I do not! Why? Because I don't allow myself to! Here is something that might wark find someone like you that you can love and care about and once you have them have happy times with them I will guarantee you that your depression will go away. Hang in there just think about happy thoughts and don't let yourself think about suicide I will pray for you and I give you my best wishes
    Turasleon Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2008, 10:22 PM
    As to what Ordinaryguy had said, yes, it is true that anidepressant medication does work for most people, it is also true that most people are depressed for a different reason simply than "my brain doesn't work" and if THAT problem isn't fixed, you will remain depressed, and medication will only be able to help you so far.

Just saying.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 22, 2008, 11:22 PM
    Anti-depressants do work. Sometimes there is a chemical imbalance in the brain that causes depression, anti-depressants help balance out those chemicals which will relieve your depression. Some people have to take anti-depressants for their entire life. I have been on AD (anti-depressants) for over 7 years now and it has helped a great deal.

Talk to your doctor, sometimes it takes a while to find an AD that will work for you. I am on Celexa, I find that works the best for me. There are side effects with most meds, but they don't usually last forever. Most AD's take a few months to start working and for the side effects to wane, don't give up to easily.

Good luck, and don't give up..
    mugger Posts: 191, Reputation: 26

Apr 23, 2008, 12:02 AM
    You might also ask your doctor for a sample pack of lexapro. It definitely takes the edge off. I use it for anxiety and it seems to kick in sooner than other meds (usually within the first few weeks versus month(s)). Hope it helps you.
    Reicheru-006 Posts: 54, Reputation: 4

Mar 16, 2009, 07:16 PM

Hey I know how that feels. God it sucks. The thing I do is get so involved in what I'm doing, I forget about it for a little while. I make sure I get up at the same time everyday, focus on taking a shower, focus on blow drying my hair while listening to music, focus on putting on makeup. Etc then I get involved in all the latest gossip at school. When your not doing something, music fills up the holes. Listen to happy stuff when you feel lonely. Personally I like screamo and that's not always what I'm in the mood for. Switch it up. Go vegan. Exercise with your friends.

I know that its hard to keep it going so if you ever need something you can look to its

To Write Love on Her Arms > Austin

That site helped me so much with my depression. Some of the videos I really connected to. Most importantly it told me, I wasn't alone.
    ashey23ole Posts: 69, Reputation: 5

Mar 17, 2009, 07:49 PM

By all means, if the medication is making you worse, stay off them.

See a therapist, its your best solution.

Hang in there

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depression [ 4 Answers ]

I'm going to be 21 this July, and to be honest with you I'm surprised I've lived this long! My whole life everyone I've ever trusted and cared for has let me down when I've needed them most, which now means I don't feel I can trust anyone. Since my 15th birthday a lot of bad things have happened...

Depression [ 5 Answers ]

If the world developes a recession or depression , what would happen to the belongings people owe money on?

Depression [ 3 Answers ]

My girlfriend has depression. Over the last couple weeks her dad has been going on all-out rampages yelling at her, and at one point called her a worthless,good-for-nothing, slut. He drinks a lot and it is always yelling after he drinks. Is this alcoholism? Can her psychologist put him in Rehab,...

Depression, why? [ 5 Answers ]

OK I've been feeling a little down lately, I'm thinking it was because of me yelling at my g/f then she goes and says its because of her and I think it's a combination of stuff, I'm thinking it might be caused by my absence of bowling, I've been bowling for like 6 years now and I haven't bowled in...

Depression [ 4 Answers ]

Name some of the pro's and con's of lifestyle changes verses medication in the treatment of depression?

View more questions Search