Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pie812 Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2008, 06:17 AM
    Tae Bo & Running?
    I have been working out (most of you heard from my last post) and have been fitting in pants that were too small for me. Now I'd like to still lose more weight, because summer I want to look great. I was wondering, I decided to do that whole Tae Bo thing, how long do you think it'd take to lost weight watching Tae Bo and doing this everyday along with my 45 minute run? I've changed my diet around completely, 2 bowls of Special K everyday, if I want a snack I'll have fruit, and have my usual dinner - but not over consume. So do you think that it'd come off in a matter of weeks?

Thanks!
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

Apr 22, 2008, 07:44 AM
    There are different types of Tae Bo that you can do.

I personally have the Tae Bo cardio workout cd, and it works great! I am not a fitness/health expert, so I am only telling you based on my own personal experience and from what I've been told to what I've tried out. Cardio is an excellent way to lose fat and keep muscle. At least in my body it is, and I've heard that for others as well.
    Smoked Posts: 157, Reputation: 29

Apr 22, 2008, 08:36 AM
    If you plan to do cardio you need to hit at least a 40 minute minimum. Couple that with your diet that should net you some very exciting results. How many days a week do you plan to do cardio? Also be careful to avoid too much fruit. Eat as much veggies as you want/can. Eat very well rounded meals. Get in some dairy (I assume you eat your special k with milk), Get in some protein (Actual low salt meat). Portion control is the key. If you are female (not making assumptions) try and reduce or eliminate bread from your diet. Do NOT starve yourself.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2008, 09:01 AM
    45 minutes of running, taebo, and eating properly you should see results in about 6 - 8 weeks.

As smoked said, be sure not to starve yourself and make sure you're getting plenty of nutrition... I usually take a multivitamin when I'm cutting weight to make sure that I'm on top of it.
    pie812 Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2008, 10:08 AM
    Oh, trust me - I wouldn't starve myself, I plan to do both Tae Bo Cardio and Running 5 days a week, because I do a lot of different things on my weekends that keep me busy. I have been getting the right amount of veggies, I eat celery and carrots as a snack during school hours, I used to eat hotpockets and microwavable stuff like that but my dad won't allow that in the house so that helped me get on track a lot, I feel a lot better also. I'd really like to lose the weight by June 28 - graduation day. I'll get back with you guys soon and let you know how its going
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2008, 10:30 AM
    Awesome. Feel free to post in my fitness calendar

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/fitnes...ml#post1002962
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 22, 2008, 02:55 PM
    First it is not healthy to lose too much weight too fast, no matter how you are doing it. So weight lose should be slow and steady.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Running [ 3 Answers ]

What would be an average time for someone to run 5 kilometers?

Running away [ 9 Answers ]

What happens when you runaway at 16? What can the law do to you in NC.. :confused:

Running away [ 12 Answers ]

What would you do if a mom told her daughter that she doesn't even want to see her or really don't even want to talk to her? So know she has bags packed and she's running away to her boyfriends house.

Bath tub shower spout & head running water running at same time [ 1 Answers ]

I started with a slight dripping problem(sayko system).i decided to replace all 3 stem assemblies together as they all were about 18 years old.after reassembling the new stems(danko brand),turned on the water supply & checked faucets.hot & cold worked fine but when the shower was turned on,water...

Am I running? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi all, Some of you might know my story, most probably don't. Anyway I have just broken up with my very beautiful girflriend of 7 years and am coming to grips with facing this big wild world or being a man alone for the first time. Am having a tough time dealing with it but with the advice...

View more questions Search