Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ender222 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Apr 22, 2008, 04:40 AM
    Pup won't eat
    I have an 8 week old aussie pup that has no interest in dog treats, likes human things such as cheerios or our dinner meats (which we really won't give him- save an occainional bit). Anyway he doesn't seem to want his food. He eats a minimal amount and regularly skips a meal or snubs the bowl, going w/out any food for as much as half the day. In sum, he eats his food but doesn't seem happy about it. Should I try a new brand? He doesn't seem too skinny but he will if this keeps up.help!
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2008, 09:54 AM
    Read through the sticky at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/i...tml#post254171

Maybe read through the rest of the sticky too. I mention sticking to what the breeder was feeding in a different section.

A new home and perhaps a new food, could be enough to keep him from eating.
    Benjimeister Posts: 83, Reputation: 6

Apr 24, 2008, 10:10 AM
    I would just try changing to a different brand, or try what we did with my dog when he was a puppy. We used to buy some cans of 'wet' dog food and mix a portion of it into the dry food, maybe this would make it tastier and you can eventually wean him off the wet food once he's used to the dry food.
    bragg77 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2008, 05:59 AM
    Try using a flat plate instead of a bowl the don't like to get there nose dirty...

May 2, 2008, 06:02 AM
    My dad's zzu only eats off a flat platr with his food strategicle spaced apart in chunks.
    His nose gets packes with food when we use a bowl... try plates!!

May 2, 2008, 06:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ender222
    i have an 8 week old aussie pup that has no interest in dog treats, likes human things such as cheerios or our dinner meats (which we really wont give him- save an occainional bit). anyway he doesnt seem to want his food. he eats a minimal amount and regularly skips a meal or snubs the bowl, going w/out any food for as much as half the day. in sum, he eats his food but doesnt seem happy about it. should i try a new brand? he doesnt seem too skinny but he will if this keeps up.help!!
    Use a flat plate for feeding

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Saturn won't start, power locks won't work, radio resets itself. [ 4 Answers ]

My 99 Saturn has had some starting problems in the past. It would sometimes not start but if you let it sit from anywhere from 45 minutes to 24 hours, it would eventually start. Or, after having Dad look at it, we could tap the starter and it would work. So we thought it was the starter. I...

Carrier Heater won't shut off! Blows only cool air. Heat won't work! [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know what I can do? My carrier heater is only 2 years old. As of yesterday the heater unit wouldn't shut off and when I turn the heat up it just keeps blowing cool air. I heard I can trip a breaker switch. Is that the electrical switch in the garage or on the heater itself? Please let...

My furnace won't light and the lights on my control module won't come on [ 2 Answers ]

Ok a couple of question if you can help I have a comfortmaker furnace I believe 1999 it came on a couple of times after I bought a new transformer, board, capacitator, and ignition control module now it won't come back on What to Do! Also I wanted to know if you can tell me the difference between...

New puppy won't stop breathing weird. Won't poop either. [ 5 Answers ]

I just got a new puppy yesterday afternoon. He's 8 weeks old, and came from a farm. We brought him home, and the whole time he was breathing weird, like he's grunting. He slept throughout the night OK, but when I got up and took him outside, he peed but was whimpering the whole time. (I think that...

Kenmore he4 panel won't work and dryer won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have had the circuit board/panel replaced once on my he4. I had only 2 weeks left on the warranty and figured it should be OK once it was fixed. They wanted another $200 to renew the warranty! Didn't have the $$ at the time. Anyway, the same darn thing is happening... you have to push the buttons...

View more questions Search