Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    omsairam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2008, 08:34 PM
    Reporting cash basis versus accrual basis income
    Please help me. I am an online student and new to accounting.

Forllowing transactions in March. Do both cash basis and accrual basis income

a) Sold instrument to customers for $10,000; received $6000 in cash and the rest on account. The cost of the instrument was $7000
    b)Purchased $4000 of new instrument inventory;paid $1000 in cash and owed the rest on account
    c)Paid $600 in wages for the month
    d)Received a $200 bill for utilities that will be paid in April
    e)Received $1000 from customers as deposits on orders of new instruments to be sold to the customers in April

Cash basis I/S
    Revenue
    Cash sales
    Customer deposit
    Expense
    Inventory purchase
    Wages paid
    Cash Income $

Accrual basis I/S
    Sales to customers

Expense
    Cost of sales
    Wages expense
    Utilities expense

Net Income $

Please help me. I am lost. Thank you for your kind help.
    cdavis3126 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2008, 11:07 AM
    Mostert Muscia Company had the following tranactions in May

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cash basis income statement vs. Accrual basis income statement [ 5 Answers ]

What is the difference between a cash-basis income statement and an accrual-basis income statement? For example, how would I record a cash basis income statement for April, May, and June, if the company started in April? HELP!

Accrual and cash basis accounting [ 2 Answers ]

In its first year of operations, Harden Co. earned $39,000 in revenues and received $33,000 cash from These customers. The company incurred expenses of $22,500 but had not paid $2,250 of them at yearend. Harden also prepaid $3,750 cash for expenses that would be incurred the next year. Calculate...

Cash and Accrual basis accounting [ 1 Answers ]

In the first year of operations, Harden Co. earned $39,000 in revenues and received $33,000 cash from this customers. The company incurred expenses of $22,500 but had not paid $2,250 of them at year-end. Harden also prepaid $3,750 cash for expenses that would be incurred the next year. ...

Adjustments Accrual Cash Basis [ 2 Answers ]

The Ritz Manor is a popular seaside resort. A double room costs $220 for one night. In order to reserve a room, guests must pay one night’s stay in advance. On each floor of the hotel, Vendalite Company operates vending machines with energy bars, juices, and other snacks for guests. Vendalite...

View more questions Search