Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    djjaydee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2008, 07:11 PM
    Inground pool no suction in my skimmers low pressure
    I have 2 skimmers in the deep end of my inground pool and I have no suction in both skimmers. Is it possibly clogged if so how do I unclog the skimmers just open the pool and had a lot of pine needles and debris on the bottom.:confused:
    crispo1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2009, 05:22 AM
    I cannot get pressure in my inground pool, it is very low. What do I do? Thank you, please help, I cannot get the bottom of pool cleaned carol

Jun 27, 2009, 05:23 AM

How can Iget pressure up in my inground pool.

Jun 27, 2009, 05:30 AM
    :confused:I have very little pressure in my inground pool. What can I do to increase the pressure? Please help, I do not know what to do. Thanks carol
    ALZ1 Posts: 43, Reputation: 3

Jul 1, 2009, 05:17 AM
    Use a genie jet type clog remover. Google genie jet by alladin model 961. They go by other names also at different hardware stores. They come in different sizes.

Basically it attaches to your garden hose, the rubber end expands to fit the pipe opening it is in, then forces water though a hole at the end.

Close all valves, (if you have them) except the one you are working on. Start at the inlet pipe going into the front of pump first, (remove pump basket) blow water towards the skimmer.

If it is stubburn, alternate between skimmer opening and the inlet pipe opening on the front of your pump. I would try to blow more water from the pump side, so to not drag the whole clog through the piping system. Use a coat hanger to probe the skimmer hole and loosen it if it is getting closer. What ever you use to probe the skimmer, tie it off to something solid so to not loose it in the skimmer line.

A plumbing clog snake may get caught in a 90 degree angle on pools cause their more of a true 90 degree angle than home plumbing.

Pending on how many lines are coming into the front of your pump, and how bad it is you may have to cut that one line to isolate the pressure. If you do have to I would ask more questions at this point to make sure you cut in the right places.
    And maybe a picture.

It took use a while, but it eventually worked.
    wishcry13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2013, 11:46 PM
    Also a shop vac put on blower mode works pretty darn well. I went through 4 drain genies because I have a 90 degree bend right from the pump and under the skimmer and it breaks every time, shop vac worked wonders
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 27, 2013, 02:26 AM
    Wishcry13 Note that the question you replied to was 5 yrs old. Thanks for your answer and welcome. Always check the posting date.
    awcoriell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2013, 12:17 PM
    I don't think dates matter as people use this as a resource. Here it is 5 years later, I have a similar problem and found wishcry13's post helpful... Just saying! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Clear Pool Suction Line to Filter [ 3 Answers ]

There seems to be some kind of obstruction in the suction line between my inground pool and the filter. Water is not being drawn into the filter to be cleaned. How do I clear the line so the water can be filtered. I have called one plumber who came out with a roto rooter line but he said the...

Coping Around Inground Pool [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... we had an inground pool installed last summer with the intention of Having brick coping installed this year. We've changed out mind and have Decided we would rather go with a white coping and concrete around the Pool. My question: can an aluminum coping be installed now even though it ...

Inground fiberglass pool [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know some basic rules to follow when removing an inground fiberglass pool. Does the pool need to be removed at all? If so does it need to be removed intact or can it be torn down into smaller parts? I am looking for information so when I contact a contractor I will know what kind of...

View more questions Search