Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    confoundedj Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2008, 04:51 PM
    New landlord, no parking?
    I just signed a year lease which states that I am entitled to one parking space. I was also verbally told that I would have a space. The building just changed management and a lot of the tenants have lived here for a long time. I was given a numbered spot, apparently this was someone else's space. The landlord gave me a different space. The place he told me to park is always occupied by a car.

One tenant told me this unit has never had a space and the landlord was lying to rent out the place. There are 9units and 9spaces. I called my landlord to let him know how frustrating the situation is. Everybody in this building seems very defensive about their space, but at the same time it seems like people just park wherever. Apparently the old landlord gave each unit a space, but not a designated one.

I'm just very frustrated and wanted to vent. Also, wanted to know if anyone had some useful advice. It's not my job to assign spots or know how many spots are available... that's the landlord's job!

By the way, this is in Los Angeles.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 21, 2008, 04:58 PM
    If the landlord assigned you a space you need to put a notice on that car that they are in your space, see if the landlord will notify the person parking in it. Since it is a space assigned in your lease, you could in some states merely have the car in your spot towed ( assuming the parking spaces are numbered and assigned) If the person parking in your spot has a issue with this, they need to talk to the landlord

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Parking Note [ 3 Answers ]

A driver, parked in an illegal zone, tucked this note under the windshield wiper of his automobile. "I've circled the block for 20 minutes. I'm late for an appointment and if I don't park here I'll lose my job. Forgive us our trespasses." When he came back, he found a parking ticket and this...

Parking [ 10 Answers ]

At work we have a small car park area. However the boss made it clear that some staff are not to park there BUT in the garage below us, which is 2 floors beneath us. Is this discriminating? Some can park outside like Managers etc, while other staff like assistants like me, receptionists etc...

Parking lights [ 1 Answers ]

Where is the parking light wire located and what color is it in a 2000 Honda Civic?

Parking [ 5 Answers ]

Problem with parking space in my city has gotten so bad, that I need some advice on dealing with some stupid mistakes done by people. I live in Zagreb, Croatia's capitol (and biggest) city. Zagreb has just under 1 million citizens. In my neighbourhood, in the last year parking space just...

View more questions Search