Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bekah876 Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Apr 21, 2008, 09:13 AM
    Iud while breastfeeding
    I am looking into getting an IUD. I have been told it will mess up my milk supply by some and others have said it will not effect my milk supply at all. I was told to get the 5 year mirena and I would still be able to breastfeed. My question is will the mirena IUD effect my milk supply? Has anyone had experience with this? I don't want to do anything that might effect my milk supply.
    yo-yo Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2008, 11:33 AM
    Have you tried looking into the IUD Paraguard? It is a non-hormonal insert which I can't imagine would affect your breast milk. It's basically a plastic T shaped which is inserted into the uterus. It's wrapped with copper, which I was told prevents the sperm from swimming any further to the egg. I'm no expert but it's something to look into.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I.while breastfeeding? [ 2 Answers ]

Can you smoke while breastfeeding?

Period while breastfeeding [ 1 Answers ]

I had a c-section almost three months ago because I had a placenta previa also I had a tubal done and I am nursing I bled normal after ward and was wondering if I will have my normal period again?

Breastfeeding [ 4 Answers ]

If I breastfeed will it make my nipples a little bit bigger? :D

Breastfeeding and alcohol [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering... I have a 7 month old who I am breastfeeding. I haven't had any alcohol of any kind (not that I ever drank much anyway) and my sisters want to take me out this weekend. I was wondering, now that he sleeps through the night am I able to go out and have like 4 drinks with them if...

View more questions Search