Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bea2007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2008, 09:13 AM
    Lennox unit
    We are renting a house with a lennox ac/heating unit in it...

Here's the story,.
    We came to the house to set some furniture before officially moving in. we turned on the heat... when we left, I had a smell in my nose like I had been around smokers or had just left a bar. The next day I didn't go to the house. I was fine... the next day we moved in and all I could do was smell a smokey smell. We tried turning on the ac unit but it wouldn't come on. The room temp was 81 and we tried to get some air going for the smell but it wouldn't kick on. The unit outside is not coming on and I still have a smokey smell in the house. When I leave the house, I get the same " i was just at a bar" smell/feeling in nose and chest. I asked the mgt company if the owner of the house (she was the last to live here) was a smoker... we were told no. I asked if there'd been a fire, again the answer was no... could it be the unit burning? Help! We're supposed to have someone out here to check out the unit...
    crjslick50 Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Apr 21, 2008, 09:25 AM
    There are just to many different things it could be. I can tell you that unless you see smoke and fire coming from air handler you have nothing to worry about until a/c guy comes good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lennox A/C unit won't run [ 4 Answers ]

Hey all, I'm hoping to get some pointers. I noticed last week that while the fan on the inside unit was running in my house, the outside Lennox (HL26 I think) was not running at all. I usually don't try to fix this kind of stuff myself, so I called a local HVAC/Electric company to come look at...

Blower Motor (I think) Hum - Lennox Pulse 21 Heating Unit [ 1 Answers ]

Hi - I'm in a new home and turned on the furnace for the first time - a Lennox Pulse 21, fairly new by the looks of it. It was inspected a few weeks ago by the home inspector and passed, but I didn't notice anything at that time. When the unit starts up, and begins blowing heat, there is a...

Lennox AC13 condensing unit [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Lennox AC13 condensing unit that comes on and then cuts off. It will not stay on

Lennox central h/ac unit on roof [ 4 Answers ]

This unit is running but not pushing out cold air. When it was turned on for the first time the air was cool , but gradually stopped cool and is only pushing out hot. The unit seems to start up OK, (pulling air in), but the compressor doesn't seem to kick on. Where would the high pressure switch...

Lennox a/c unit [ 2 Answers ]

The fan does not turn on my borther in law says it is the circuit board because it will turn on for a little bit he said it is getting stuck. How do I find out what is really wrong with my a/c without paying a lot of money. When I got home yesterday my husband went up the roof and said the fan was...

View more questions Search