Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    swwhite Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2008, 08:22 AM
    Problems with Microsoft Equation 3.0 and Word 2007
    Hello,

I have been using Microsoft Equation 3.0 for several years. Recently I upgraded to Word 2007 and am experiencing some problems. I use the path Insert - Object - Microsoft Equation 3.0.

First problem: I can add parentheses from the equation toolbar, but when I add something large within the parentheses - say a large summation - they disappear. I can tell that they are there because space is around the summation but I can't see it. I can send the document to someone and when they double-clicks on the equation the parentheses appear.

Second problem: I cannot put a subtraction sign (the hyphen from the keyboard) into an equation. Again, I can tell that it is there because of the spacing but I can't see it.

Can anyone help?
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2012, 04:11 PM
    Word will cause objects to "disappear" if the content box is not large enough for it. Try expanding the box or making the equation smaller, and it should appear. Try following instructions for inserting equations from Microsoft.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows Vista, Microsoft office 2007, Microsoft equation 3.0 [ 5 Answers ]

I have Microsoft Vista which I do not think really makes that much of a difference but I have Microsoft Office 2007 and I need to use Microsoft equation 3.0. I know I have it on my computer because I found it. I just don't know how to use it. I have taken a couple of tutorials and still can not...

Quadratic equation-word problems [ 1 Answers ]

To save fuel on the 240km trip to their cottage, the Nakamura family reduce their usual average speed by 20km/h. This lengthens the journey time by 1 hour. What is the slower average speed?

Word problems-quadratic equation [ 1 Answers ]

word problems-quadratic equation Students sent flowers costing $20 to a sick classmate. There were four fewer students contributing than was planned, requiring each of the others to give 25 cents more. How many students contributed to the gift? HELP!

Word equation as chemical equation and balance [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help me with these. I don't get it.:confused: Aluminum bromide + chlorine yield aluminum chloride +bromine Potassium chlorate when heated yields potassium chloride + oxygen gas Hydrogen +nitrogen monoxide yield water + nitrogen

Lotus word to Microsoft word [ 2 Answers ]

My articles are saved in lotus word format. Can I opened it under Microsoft word or " open office" software? If yes, how do I go about it?

View more questions Search