Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pope1978 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2008, 07:09 AM
    Nomination rules
    Hi,

1.One of my relative has died. He was the single bank account holder.

2.The nomination form has been filled by him(the deceased), but has failed to sign that form( as per banks verbal reply).

3.The name of nominee is appearing on front end of the bank.

4.Earlier bank had agreed to realease the money in nominee's name within four days, but later informed about the missing signature of the account holder.

5.there is no written reply received from them regarding this.

6. Now bank is asking for succession certifacate to release this money, which may take more three four months.

7. Bank has not yet shown us the physical nomination form till date.
    My question is

1.Is it the bank's fault , that they have failed to inform the account holder of the missing signatures(after 2 years of account opening). when he was alive?

2.Who is the right authority to help us?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 21, 2008, 07:11 AM
    1. Nope

2. State banking authority or probate court.

What you really should be doing is filing in probate court to be appointed as executor. Then you can go to the bank or whatever and access the account.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Five Rules [ 2 Answers ]

FIVE RULES FOR MEN TO FOLLOW TO A HAPPY LIFE: 1. It's important to have a woman, who helps at home, who cooks from time to time, cleans up and has a job. 2. It's important to have a woman, who can make you laugh. 3. It's important to have a woman, who you can trust and who doesn't lie to...

Rules of annulment [ 1 Answers ]

I want to get annulment I was married in oct of 2004 but only co-habituated for 8 months with my husband and want to get out of the marriage asap. And can I get the annulment in Nevada. We have no property, assets, children or joint ventures. I was married in California. But I want to end this...

What are the Rules? [ 6 Answers ]

My daughter's father and I have not been together for almost 3 years and we are still arguing over my daughter and who should do what. I have her most of the time and he takes her Wed night, Sunday afternoon and every other Saturday(day and overnight). We are both in our early 20's. My questions...

The Rules [ 1 Answers ]

More Signs Technology Took Over Your Life - You know Bill Gates' e-mail address, but you have to look up your own social security number. - You stop saying "phone number" and replace it with "voice number," since we all know the majority of phone lines in any house are plugged into...

View more questions Search