Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nowisalongtime Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2008, 10:54 PM
    Katherine/Katie what is your life like?
    My daughter was adopted at the age of 5 after a prolonged foster period by a married couple who could have no more children of their own. At that stage I was expecting another child and was told I could not cope with the needs of both so my wishes for reunion then were dismissed by the court.
    The case presented was that with the foster family my daughter would have greater stability in her life and that many of my problems had been due to environmental factors that she would escape. I now know that at some stage the adopting couple divorced and that even now my daughter still lives with her adoptive mum.

Should I wait for her to contact me or could she be experiencing problems that are blocking her?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Apr 21, 2008, 08:06 AM
    You can start a search, by all means. But legally, you can not contact her until she is 18.

At that point, she may or may not search for you.

If she is over 18, by all means start a search.
    FeelSoNumbZombie Posts: 129, Reputation: 10

Apr 21, 2008, 10:56 AM
    You know a great deal more than you may realize about your child. Other than the fact that she has a new name (probably). It depends on how old she was for example when she was adopted. Many parents/agencies wish not to confuse a child any further and may keep their given name, yet change their surname.
    Please post everywhere.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Katie Price's Loveheart Tattoo [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I've looked all over for a picture of Katie Price's loveheart tattoo which she has down below. Does anyone know where I can get a picture of this from? I'm booked in for Friday to have mine done and I'm really struggling to find a picture or a similatiry.

Katie the Caterpillar Cartoon [ 6 Answers ]

I loved this one as a child! I want to say the title of this cartoon movie is "Katie the Caterpillar" But, I can't find it anywhere. Its this little green caterpillar named katie and she wears this pink scarf on her head. It has some interesting music/sound affects in it. I remember her walking...

Katie price tattoo [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me were to find a picture of katie price's tattoo on her ankle please

View more questions Search