Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deluxe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2008, 08:34 PM
    Monetary gift college graduate
    What would be an appropriate monetary gift for a college graduate who is my goddaughter? Her mother is a very dear friend of mine.
    Funky Monkey Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2008, 08:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by deluxe
    What would be an appropriate monetary gift for a college graduate who is my goddaughter? Her mother is a very dear friend of mine.
    Maybe you should just give them 30$'s so that you know that you might not buy them something that they will not use more then 5 times.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2008, 09:11 PM
    It really depends on your financial situation and the financial situation of the girl.

I'm graduating in 2 weeks and according to my friends, the gifts they'll be receiving range from a pen set, to clothes, to a new jaguar.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 20, 2008, 09:17 PM
    If it's your God daughter and her mother is a close friend of yours then it should be something special. Personally I think that money is a bit impersonal, how about a nice necklace or a ring with her birth stone? Just some ideas.
    Picassa Posts: 42, Reputation: 6

Apr 25, 2008, 05:56 PM
    We typically give $50.00 for college graduation gifts to the children of close friends. When I graduated from college 25 years ago, $25-30.00 was the norm. We also give $75-100. To our nieces and nephews upon their college graduation, since they are family.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2008, 09:40 PM
    I would say between $50 and $100 for your God-child or if you don't want the focus to be on money, you could give a lasting gift. An engraved pen set for a boy (because girls tend to change their names as young adults) or a locket for a girl can be very nice, and the recipient will neither know the price, or use and no longer have the gift.

Even more important though, is the card in my view. Take the time to write something yourself - either about your pride in their accomplishment, what they and their parents have meant to you over the years, or some piece of wisdom you want to impart.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monetary wedding gift [ 6 Answers ]

What would be the proper monetary wedding gift as a member of the wedding party?

Monetary wedding gift ettiquette [ 2 Answers ]

I have aweeding to attend next week and in the invitation the bride and groom have requested money as the wedding gifts because they are going to live with her parents. The wedding is going to take place in a country club with dinner served. What is the correct amount to give?

What is an appropriate monetary gift for graduation? [ 4 Answers ]

What is an appropriate monetary gift for a neighbor's h.s. graduation? They are a nice family, and we dog sit for them and they for us, but the kids have never bothered to talk to us much, or do anything for us, even though we are quite a bit older than there parents. He is going to the local...

Appropriate college graduation monetary gift [ 3 Answers ]

What would be an appropriate monetary college graduation gift for a neighbor's daughter that I don't know well and her friend that I don't know at all. It is a combined college graduation party. :confused:

Grandparents gift to the college graduate [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: What would be an appropriate amount of money for grandparents to give... Keeping in mind there will be other grandchildren graduating in the future?

View more questions Search