Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CanuckGirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2008, 08:08 PM
    Amana bottom-freezer refrigerator: fridge not cold, freezer is frosty!
    Hi everyone!

I have a slightly over a year old Amana bottom-freezer refrigerator (model #: ABR1922FES).

Yesterday, I noticed that the fridge wasn't as cold as it should be, so I turned the temp control cooler, and then, as per the owner's manual, waited 24 hours for it to kick in. It didn't.

The freezer is working fine except that I have frost buildup on the inside of the freezer door (for a few days), as well as all over everything in my freezer (since this morning).

I've also noticed that it hasn't been making its usual quirky gurgling/thumping sound in a few days (it usually makes this sound 3 or 4 times a day).

I did remove the kickplate and vacuumed out half my dog from the condenser coil this morning :o but I fear that won't help the frost issue.

Any thoughts? Thanks, in advance! :)
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2008, 10:37 AM
    The defrost timer switch has taken a nose dive and needs replaced. You did everything right but wrong pew.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag refrigerator--ice forming in bottom of freezer [ 11 Answers ]

Ice has been forming in the bottom of our side-by-side Maytag (MSB 2354 DRQ) which is about 7 years old. I noticed water on the floor under the fridge the other day. I broke the ice up and discarded it, and now ice has formed again. There was some ice on the back of the freezer cabin too,...

Freezer is cold but refrigerator is not [ 7 Answers ]

Hello all. My refrigerator is ESTATE model TT184KXDW00. I found the refrigerator is not cold at all but the freezer is working. Please advise what I could do. Many Thanks!

Refrigerator/freezer isn't as cold [ 2 Answers ]

My refrigerator will not get that cold.The freezer side won't freeze as fast as normal.Some water leaks from under it a little.I want to know what to do about it.It is an Amana.

GE Profile bottom freezer refrigerator drain blocked [ 1 Answers ]

How do I clear clogged drain in GE Profile bottom freezer fridge?

View more questions Search