Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boxstockf350 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2008, 07:10 PM
    1995 F350 7.3 turbo diesel no power!
    I just bought a 1995 f350 7.3 liter turbo diesel with 5sp man trans. 108k miles. When I test drove it it was about 28 degrees outside and it ran great, started right up (cold) and the turbo was clearly working. Now it seems to bog down at about 2200-2500 RPM in every gear and putting the pedal to the floor makes no difference, I can barely get up to highway speed and any incline slows the truck severely. Fuel pump? injectors? turbo? any idea where I should start? Thanks.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2008, 09:44 AM
    Before doing anything more extreme, see if this helps:

. Check/replace air filter.

. Drain water from fuel system and change fuel filter.
    mhgrading Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2009, 05:43 PM
    Got a 97 and it does this too I believe its caused by the turbo bypass valve which closes off turbo during cold weather warm up. Can u hear it trying to suck air when u push the pedal? Usually ill let mine warm up real good then try to drive , if it does that then ill shut off motor and restart it, wait 10-15 seconds and it'll drive right!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ford F350 7.3 PS Turbo Diesel Cold Weather Starting Issues [ 14 Answers ]

I bought this wonderful 1995 Ford F350 Crew Cab 7.3 PS Diesel truck this summer and as of lately (now that the temps are dropping below 45) I am having one heck of a time starting it. In fact, temps were 26 degrees a couple of mornings ago and it took no-kidding nearly 20 minutes of fooling around...

2003 Ford 7.3 Power Stroke Turbo- Diesel [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 2003 7.3 power stroke turbo-diesel runs great however after driving the vehicle 5 to 15 minutes starts to bogg down looses all power as if, starving for fuel If let sit for 20 minutes will start up and run for another 15 minutes and stop again.Changed the fuel pump and have a full tank of...

1996 E-350 Power Stroke Turbo Diesel Problems [ 1 Answers ]

1996 E-350 Power Stroke Turbo Diesel Problems Just started running real bad At start up RMPs drop to 530 fluctuating to 640 very slow. What would cause this to run perfectly smooth to absolutely brutal? Thanks

99 F350 power stroke diesel [ 1 Answers ]

Engine goes dead when u turn wipers on. Have u got any idea??

View more questions Search