Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jthandyman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2006, 04:49 PM
    Venting new bathroom into existing vent
    I'm in the process of adding an additional bathroom on the 3rd floor of our house. My question is this, can I vent this bathroom into the 2nd floor bathroom vent, which about 10 feet away from my planned 3rd floor waste line? Are there any restrictions on how many horizontal feet versus vertical feet that the vent runs?

Thanks for any guidance you could provide.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 15, 2006, 05:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jthandyman
    I'm in the process of adding an additional bathroom on the 3rd floor of our house. My question is this, can I vent this bathroom into the 2nd floor bathroom vent, which about 10 feet away from my planned 3rd floor waste line? Are there any restrictions on how many horizontal feet versus vertical feet that the vent runs?

Thanks for any guidance you could provide.
    Yes, you may revent back into the 2nd. Floor vent and no there are no restrictions on horizontal vent lines. You are venting your bathroom group off the lavatory aren't you? Good luck. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Venting a bathroom group [ 2 Answers ]

Venting questions about a second floor bathroom: 1) Can I install a 2" vent behind a WC (the WC is at the end of the line and the vent rises upstream of the WV) and then connect a shower and tub (separate fixtures) downstream from the WC and consider them all vented? 2) Can I drain a pair of...

Basement Bathroom Venting [ 2 Answers ]

I had my rough in inspection yesterday, and everything looked good except my venting for my sinks. I am installing a bathroom lav and a wetbar sink, running into a 2" wet vent that already has a tub/shower on it. Since the distance to the furthest sink is just under 5' from the wet vent I thought...

Venting a basement bathroom [ 7 Answers ]

I have a rough in for a full bath in my basement. House was built in 2000 in Pa. Two story colonial. I can locate two vents from the 1st floor bath. One 2" vent right of the WC drain and one 1.5" off the shower on the first floor. There is a 2nd floor bath over the first. I can hear the 2nd...

Bathroom Venting Scenarios [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, After reading a few hundred posts and still not knowing what to do for sure I guess I'll have to ask speedball his millionth basement bathroom question. ;) Anyway, I'm putting in a shower/lav/toilet in a "un-roughed" basement. I know that I would like to use a studor vent but am unsure of...

Venting basement bathroom [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all, First time here. I am finishing my basement in Milwaukee. The washer dumps into a sink which has a 2" line that y's into a 4" drain that is stubbed up from the slab. This is not the main stack. The 4" ties to the main 4" about 12' away under the slab. The 4" stub rises from the...

View more questions Search