Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    concernedppl Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2008, 01:37 PM
    Felony conviction
    I know someone who was convicted of passport fraud. He was given 5 yrs probation with several stipulations one being that he must stay current on court ordered child support. He was also told he can not leave his jusdicial area without permission of the probation officer. He lost his job when he was convicted and the first thing he did was get a court date to lower his childsupport to 0 his court date has not come up yet. He has been without a job for 3 months now but he has a wife and twins that he is taking care of but my son from him is getting nothing. He told my son they are all going on vacation in Hawaii this summer and he wants to take him. How can he do all of this be on probation?? His probation states he was given probation and not home arrest so he could support his family obligations. DO I have a right to call his probation officer and find out what's going on and ask them questions concerning all of this?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2008, 05:10 PM
    He cannot leave the state while on probation for starters. If you have an actual date of his leaving and not "just this summer" sometime, then by all means call the PO and tell them what he is contemplating for this summer. He will be violated the minute he leaves the state. He is not fulfilling his financial obligations the way he is going. Just where is he going to get the funds to take a vacation with? Is this man gainfully employed that you know of?
    beenaroundtheblock Posts: 37, Reputation: 7

Apr 20, 2008, 06:23 PM
    I am sure his probation officer would like to hear from you and answer any questions you may have.

Apr 20, 2008, 06:23 PM
    Well he says he is not working but I feel he is working under the table. You see he works private protection details. His probation took away his licenses and he can not work for anyone who where he needs a state, federal or local license or certificate, unless his probation officer says its OK. He is a really big liar and even lies to his son and he is 12 yrs old. I am hoping when he goes to court to lower his support that they are going to tell him NO because he is already in arears for his son and for a daughter from another relationship. He has not given a date for the vacation but he does have to let the mother know ahead of time what week he is taking his son for his vacation.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 20, 2008, 06:35 PM
    Of course, now it is not uncommon for the PO to give permission for a vacation, so he may have already asked the PO.
    But as for as the job, is he working under the table, all of this needs to be told to the PO

For the child support hearing, get photos of his home, his car and ask that he provide the court a copy of his bank account and proof how he is doing all of this

Apr 20, 2008, 06:42 PM
    Copies of his probation order was sent to the DA. The fear is that he always gets away with things and he is married but he has nothing in his name, its all in his wife's name and they have only been married 2 yrs now and they have 9 month old twins. The wife has two houses one they rent the other they live in but again she had all this before they were married. His credit is so bad and he owes about 70,000 in arears for his daughter who is 19 now. This guy has gotten away with so much that we are just afraid he is going to get away with much more. He has lied for so long that we don't think he knows what the truth is. I just hope the family court will make him do what he is suppose to do.

Apr 22, 2008, 11:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by beenaroundtheblock
    I am sure his probation officer would like to hear from you and answer any questions you may have.
    Have you called the PO yet? Call...

Apr 22, 2008, 12:29 PM
    beenaroundtheblock,
    My friend went to the probation officer who was handling this case prior to his sentencing and she told her that she was just out to get him and that she better watch out. She is afraid to call the new probation officer for fear it will only help him if this probation officer is on his side like the other one seemed to be. This is a very charming and manipulate man he has con a lot of people. He doesn't really care about their son he is out to get his sons mother make her life bad. His son is 13 and doesn't want to go see his dad anymore. But it seems like this man gets everything his way. Its not that she doesn't want her son to see him she is just afraid of what type of influence he is going to be on him. He was not in his sons life for 10 yrs just the last two years he went after custody because she finally found him and went for support. It was because of her that he got caught with this fake passport and was charged and sentenced. It's a long story but she just wants her son safe and this man to pay what he owes.

Apr 22, 2008, 01:36 PM
    I see he is a manipulator and it seems a good one. Pish Posh then skip the Probation Officer because they work for the Judge. I would ask to see the Judge concerning this case that he/she has the final say on. Everyone answers to someone move up to the Judge. Have your facts ready even written down, you don't want to talk dribble to the Judge you will look like bunny foo foo. Tell the Judge you think this guy is a manipulator and that you think he has the Probation Officers fooled. Judges just love to catch people who think they are smarter that the system. Keep us posted
    gmoney979 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2010, 09:52 AM

You can ask the probation officer for a travel permit they do it all the time he can go as long as he get permission

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a Felony Conviction [ 2 Answers ]

:( Hi. I am 22 yrs old and convicted on a felony of conspiracy to distribute. I actually got convicted in 06/06 but charged in 05/05 and I have completely changed my life. I am going to an interview at an eye doctor and was wondering if anyone had any tips for me. Please

I have a Felony Conviction [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I'm 22 and I got convicted of a felony of conspiracy to distribute. I was wondering what kind of jobs I cana get. I am going for an interview at an eye doctor as a receptionist. Can they hire me with a Felony

Felony conviction [ 4 Answers ]

I was charged 3 years ago with a felony conviction for possession of a forged instrument, it was a d felony with 5 years probation. I have an issue going on now with the possibility of another felony. This has been going on for 8 months with no indictment or anything. I want to know if I am able to...

Felony Conviction [ 1 Answers ]

Can I Become A Paralegal In Paif I Have A Felony Conviction In Pa?

Felony Conviction [ 2 Answers ]

How can I find a job as a felon. What type of work can I do? Can I go to college and if so what are my options;) ;)

View more questions Search