Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    njmom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2008, 01:22 PM
    Wedding gift unaccounted for
    My daughter was married a few days ago. My cousin who is very close to her attended the wedding. There was no gift from him. This is so unlike him. He is a very generous and loving person. His gift may have been lost or misplaced. How does she ask him about it without making him uncomfortable?
    Ladyviper Posts: 221, Reputation: 36

Apr 20, 2008, 07:38 PM
    You don't ask, that is rude. There would be no way to approach the subject without sounding like a gift-grubbing greedy woman. You don't invite people to a wedding to get a gift, and you surely never ask them what happened to the one they brought. Even though he is typically generous and loving, doesn't mean he has to show his love with a gift. A person can still be generous and loving without buying someone something. Still send him a thank you card, but instead of putting what was given put thank you for attending etc. Unless he brings it up, no one should.
    jerseygir1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2008, 03:04 PM
    I have the same question and after reading the answer that someone left I have to say that I don't think it's rude to want to know if a present is missing. If I gave a present to someone and they never received it I would want to know. My good friend attended my daughters wedding on Saturday and there is no gift from her. I'm going to mention that my daughter was missing gifts from some people that attended her wedding and what should I do because they may have been misplaced. I'll take her advice. I'd do the same with her cousin. It doesn't matter whether a gift was given but how bad would it be if a gift was given misplaced or lost and no thank you card sent and the gift giver upset because their gift was not acknowledged.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What do I get my husband as a wedding gift? [ 10 Answers ]

My husband and I eloped about a month ago. We are having a party for all the family, kind of a laid back reception :) I am at a loss as to what to get him as a wedding gift from me?? Any ideas?? :confused:

Wedding gift [ 2 Answers ]

If you do not attend the wedding is it okay to spend less money on a gift than if you were to attend the reception? If so, what percentage less would be acceptable?

$ Wedding Gift $ [ 16 Answers ]

My sister is getting married very soon. She and her fiancé have suggested that guests give a gift in the form of a donation of money towards their honeymoon, as they have already been living together for some years and are all set up. (They made this suggestion on the invitations in a most polite...

Monetary wedding gift [ 6 Answers ]

What would be the proper monetary wedding gift as a member of the wedding party?

Wedding Gift Registry [ 5 Answers ]

Hello All, My fiancée and I are in a bit of a quandary. We are to be married in 6 months and have already gotten plenty of prompting from friends and family to register. We have obliged, now, by going and registering at two different companies. However, with both sites, we have about 60 items...

View more questions Search