Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mchmills Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2008, 10:46 AM
    Submersible Water pump Lag time in turning on
    We have a manufactured home with an assume submersible pump as we cannot find another pump anywhere. Our water will run for several minutes but then stops and there is a few minute lag before the pump triggers to come on then the water flow returns. What is the problem and how do we solve it. Also, the only thing we can find under the house is small gray box labeled Tank Alert. We cannot find any other control boxes anywhere? Help!
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2008, 12:01 PM
    Are you sure the pump is lagging behind in cutting on? It may be that the pump is cutting on properly, but not delivering water for several minutes. Check and make sure the switch is cutting the pump on at the proper pressure point. You should be able to hear an audible "click" at around 20# or 30# of pressure as water is being used. If need be, take the grey cover off and see if the points are closing at the proper time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Troubleshooting submersible pump problem [ 4 Answers ]

Hello! I am having a little trouble with a submersible pump. It pressures up to 28 pounds (it should pressure to 50 pounds) and then it just sets there. Can't seem to get any more pressure but the switch doesn't seem to be doing anything after it reaches the 28 pounds. I have watched it and I can't...

Frozen submersible pump [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Catskills on the mountain and neighbors that have wells have sulphur smelling water. So I take the water from the brook that runs by my house, a brook that is fed with springs about 1/4 mile upstream. Last night it was so cold that my submersible pump in the creek froze. It was partly up...

Submersible Pump [ 6 Answers ]

A friend asked me to hook up his water pump. He has the red black yellow and green wires running to the house, which he wants hooked up to the box. This is not right is it. I thought that power came from main box to a control box and these wires hooked to control box from pump?

Submersible water pump trouble [ 4 Answers ]

I have been having trouble with my water so I bought a new water pump, it's the submersible type for a well. The water would work for a short time then just stop. The new water pump does the same thing. I can't find anyone who can tell me what the problem is. The bladder tank pressure is reading 32...

How can I get the old submersible pump out? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I asked the submersible pump question a while ago and speedball1 helped me a lot. I have additional question now. I have located the well. Can you tell me the steps to pull the pump out? Is it doable for an layman like me? I am pretty comfortable to explorer things but would like to...

View more questions Search