Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wendyloss Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2008, 09:18 AM
    Bad hair color
    My hair color turned out to be brassy orange. How can I fix it:(
    condodwellerk Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2008, 10:40 AM
    If it was done in a salon, you should call back and ask them to correct it. If it has been less than 2 or 3 weeks, they should do it free of charge. If you did it at home, you are far better off going in to a good salon and having it fixed. Hair color is tricky, especially corrective color and trying to correct it yourself is very likely to create even worse problems for you. Without knowing just what you are dealing with (was it highlights or an all over color? What color was your hair when you started? How many color treatments are under what is there now? How damaged is your hair? Is the brassy tone orange-yellow, orange or red-orange?) it is impossible for me to give you any helpful pointers. Specific tone is something a stylist can only judge in person. A corrective toner or color has to be customized to the exact tone of hair being worked on. Otherwise you could end up looking too green or blue or violet. And if there is a lot of damage, the formula has to be buffered really well so that the ends don't turn a weird color compared to the rest of it.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Apr 20, 2008, 11:11 AM
    Simply use a blue-based (cool) ash hair color to neutralize the orange tones in your hair. Leave the color application on your hair for ten minutes, then rinse it out with warm water.

Members, I've read all your PMs and e-mails, and I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I will be back to answer your questions soon.
    Babble05 Posts: 13, Reputation: -1
    -

Apr 21, 2008, 11:08 PM
    The best and easiest way to fix this is to go to a hair care store and buy a shampoo. It is a REALLY dark purple, so dark it will make you think it will dye you hair, haha. It is designed to counteract the brassiness. After about 3 or 4 washes your hair will look just like the color on the box ; ) YOU DO NOT HAVE TO REDYE HAIR TO FIX THIS PROBLEM, IT IS EXTREMELY COMMON AND PEOPLE HAVE GOTTEN SMART AND DEVELOPED A SHAMPOO, haha! You can walk up to the front counter and ask the clerk, they can direct you to the product.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

Will hair color remover remove the color or make it lighter? [ 3 Answers ]

I dyed my hair light golden brown. My original hair color was dark brown. Now the golden brown is starting to fade and plus my hair is growing out at the roots. The hair color did damage to my hair and I don't want to permanent dye it anymore. All I want to do is put a dark rinse to at least get my...

How long after dying my hair can I use a color zapper? What color will it turn my hai [ 2 Answers ]

My natural hair color is Dark/Medium Brown. Since summer, I've been dying my hair with a reddish tone. I haven't had my natural color since then. I decided to try black, I HATE IT. I look too pale and it looks like a wig. My friend told me about a loreal color zapper and I don't want to damage my...

At-home hair color using Color Zap, then Wella color [ 2 Answers ]

I have naturally medium brown hair. I have always looked better with blonde hair, and I went to salons for years to have my hair colored. I can no longer afford the $100+ visits every 3 weeks, so I have tried doing it myself. Recently I used Color Zap to remove all color (because I had several...

How to get dark hair color dye out of my hair? [ 3 Answers ]

Please tell me how to get dark brown hair color out of my hair. It is Nice and Easy and way too dark for my complexion. Any help would be much Appreciated. Thanks,

View more questions Search