Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charmanhileman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2008, 05:22 PM
    Adjusting entries for common stock and preferred stock.
    This is a question off my problem. I am hoping that someone can help. The corporation has stocks of preferred stock with a number of shares of 400 that cost $6,000 and common stock of shares for 300 that cost $9,000. The common stock has purchases on march 30 of 25 shares for the cost of $950 and again purchased shares on Sept. 9th of 75 shares for $3,000. At the end of Dec. 31, 2003 the market value of shares are $14 per preferred stock and $25 for the common stock. I did the journal entries but on Dec.31,2003 it ask to prepare adjusting entries that might be necessary to the trader profile. Can any one help me with the adjusting entries? I have to have this done by Sunday. This is where I am lost. :eek:
    MaggieMouse Posts: 226, Reputation: 8

Apr 21, 2008, 03:42 PM
    Accounting treatment for investments depends on the intent of holding the stocks. Is there any indication of whether the shareholder wants to trade stocks frequently or wants to hold as long term investment? That determines what method you should use, cost method, equity method, and such.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Return on investment, common and preferred stock [ 1 Answers ]

What is the return on investment in the problem below for common and preferred stock? How did you get that solution? Robert's Rollerblade Company had stock outstanding as follows during each of its first five years of operations 2,000 shares of 10%,...

Preferred Stock Value [ 1 Answers ]

North Pole Cruise Lines issued preferred stock many years ago. It carries a fixed dividend of $6 per share. With the passage of time, yields have soared from the original 6 percent to 14 percent (yield is the same as required rate of return). a)What was the original issue price? b)What is...

Need help with common and preferred stock [ 0 Answers ]

Common and preferred stock—issuances and dividends. Flameco Corp. was incorporated on January 1, 2003, and issued the following stock, for cash: 1 1,250,000 shares of $9 par per share common stock were authorized; 550,000 shares were issued on January 1,...

View more questions Search