Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oxte Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2008, 04:38 PM
    95 civic, after I washed the motor, the car won't run
    Hello, I have a 1995 honda civic, and I washed the motor, after I washed it the car start fine ,but then it lost power and it doesn't run the same as before,it sound funny, but it doesn't runs strong anymore. Please help me!!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2008, 06:31 PM
    You got some moisture into the electrical system when you washed the engine.
    RickMN Posts: 244, Reputation: 52

Apr 19, 2008, 09:05 PM
    I agree with twinkiedooter. Remove the distributor cap and see if you have moisture in there. If so, wipe it out and hit with a can of compressed air.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2008, 12:12 PM
    . Spark plug wires. Spray with WD-40, which will displace moisture and help prevent secondary voltage from shorting out. If this solves the problem, it indicates the spark plug wires need replacing.

. Distributor Cap. Moisture can develop inside the distributor cap. Make sure to use a ventilated cap with a good O-ring. It's important for the O-ring to seal properly between the cap and housing. Coat the O-ring with silicone grease. If moisture has developed, dry the inside of the cap with a paper towel and spray with WD-40, wiping off the excess.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honda Civic Blower Motor [ 3 Answers ]

I need to change the blower motor on my honda Civic It us under the dash on the passanger side. It has 3 screws. I have all 3 of them off, but the floor-board is too close to let the motor drop down. And of course the fan is attatched to the motor. How do I get the motor out?

I washed my wife's phone [ 7 Answers ]

I was doing a load of laundry and inadvertently washed her phone. It was in her pants pocket. I didn't know until we heard it clinking in the dryer. Help!! EMAIL REMOVED FOR PRIVACY

Cement shower floors / acid washed [ 1 Answers ]

We have a large walk in shower. I'd like to have a cement floor with an acid washed stain. A sloped shower pan will be installed underneath. Can anyone recommend the best type of sealer to use for this type of floor in a shower and how the cement should be finished so it won't be too slippery or...

A new motor for my 95 civic [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find a used motor for my 95 civic. I had some questions about what type of motor I can use. Does it have to be the same stock motor in order to line up with the transmission? Or could I put in a 1.6 vtec or a B16 or B18 motor? Will these motors line up with my stock transmission?

View more questions Search