Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    addaddadd Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2008, 10:51 PM
    Voltage drop
    If i have a 3 phase motor running in 440volts and drives the cetrifugal fan, then the voltage drops to 20 percent, what happened to running current does it increas or decrease.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2008, 11:13 PM
    Yes.

Well if you have the fan, measure the current.

Looks like homework.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Apr 19, 2008, 05:25 AM
    A) Three phase = NOT DIY!

B) 440v(? - is the Europe) = NOT DIY!

C) Drops TO 20%? So the voltage drops to 88v?

D) Do your OWN homework!
    addaddadd Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2008, 10:03 PM
    Di nyo lang alam ang sagot.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Apr 23, 2008, 04:48 AM
    You're welcome. :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Voltage drop [ 5 Answers ]

I will be running wire to my shop that is aprox 250' from the main elect box at the house. I would like to have 220 volts and 110 volts. The wire will be buried underground the average temp in my area in the summer is 100 degrees. What size wire should I use. I will be welding with a welder that...

Voltage Drop [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to illuminate a tunnel about 3000' long temporarily with 9- 400 Watt Metal Halide fixtures spaced about 320' apart. I have a 120/240 generator single phase that I will use to back feed a 240/480 volt transformer to deliver 480 volts, single phase to the tunnel lights. At 480 volts I...

Voltage drop [ 1 Answers ]

The Voltage will drop after 150 meter wire ,how to sole the problem . Thanks to all

Voltage drop [ 4 Answers ]

A 300sq mm cable is to be laid for 600mtr. Distance. As the distance is large so there are considerable voltage drop at the receiving side. How can we cope up with this voltage drop at the receiving end? We want a constant voltage ofd 415 V at receiving end irrespective of input voltage? ...

Voltage Drop [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 20 amp breaker;there are a total of 7 receptacles on this circuit with a 15 amp GFI on the first receptacle. The first 5 receptacles in line work fine, the last two receptacles which are approximately 70 feet from the 5th receptacle flip the 15 amp GFI off when plugging in a drill. I...

View more questions Search